Chapter 80

A week had gone by and things were much calmer than they were the other night.

I had studied for my permit test and good news, I passed! I couldn't wait to start practicing driving, one step closer to becoming an adult.

"Cassidee!" My dad called.

I came out of my room and walked downstairs to see him standing by the front door.

"What's up?"

"Come on, I'm going to take you driving." He said, dangling the car keys.

"Sweet!" I smiled, running down the steps. I snatched the keys from my dad and headed out to the car.

"Start planning my funeral." I heard my dad say.

He walked outside and I got in the car, putting on my seatbelt. I placed my hands on the steering wheel and started the car once my dad put his seatbelt on.

I adjusted my mirrors and seat, waiting for my dad's instructions.

"Okay, place your right foot on the brake and put the car into reverse."

I placed my foot on the brake pedal and shifted into reverse.

"Gently put your foot on the gas pedal and slowly back the car out of the driveway and then slightly turn the wheel towards me."

I slowly backed the car out of the driveway and turned the wheel towards my dad. I put the car back into drive and carefully drove down the street.

"Dad, you can stop pissing yourself." I laughed.

"Teenage daughter plus driving vehicle equals higher insurance rates! STOP SIGN!"

I hit the brakes and looked at my dad with a what the fuck expression.

"I saw the sign, Dad! Don't freak out on me." I complained, throwing up my hands.

We drove around the neighborhood for a good forty minutes when my dad said that was enough practice for the day.

I pulled into the driveway and got out, closing the door. My dad got out and was more pale than usual.

"How was driving?" Sabrina asked once we were inside.

"Never again! You're taking her next time. Oh god, I think I need a Valium to calm my ass down."

I rolled my eyes at my dad and went upstairs until dinner was ready. Hopefully, I pass my driver's test, and then I can go where ever I want.