Chapter 36

Harry's POV-

I backed up and ran, "Kill Him," Tom said in Parseltongue, "Parseltongue wont save you now Potter, it only obeys me."

I heard a roar, and then I knew it was following me. When I slipped and fell landing face first, making my glasses fall off. I picked them up and put them on, then I saw a shadow and knew it was over top of me.

I heard Fawkes and saw him coming down. I looked up and saw their shadows and Fawkes was on it's head doing something, "No!" Tom yelled, "your bird may have blinded the basilisk, but it can still hear you."

I stood up and the basilisk was shaking his head around, I backed up when I stepped on this lose brick, and it stopped moving it's head. I ran down this path just time, because it lunged at me breaking something.

I ran down this tunnel, when it launched forward missing me again. I looked back and saw it wasn't coming and looked forward and down and saw rats running this one way.

I followed them, but it ended up being a dead end, I turned around and saw the basilisk right there in front of me. I backed up against the bars and it felt impossible to breath.

It turned it's head in and opened it's mouth getting right in front of my face to where I could fill it's breath on my face.

I bent down and my hand found a rock. I picked it up and tossed it down the tunnel and it landed with a, 'clink.' It took a few seconds before the basilisk turned it's head and followed the sound.

I stood up and let out a sigh of relief, then walked out and waited until it turned down a corner then ran out and back down to Ginny and Delia.

I dropped down to my knees, "Yes Potter the process is nearly complete," Tom said, "In a few minutes, Ginny Weasley and Delia Diggory, will be dead, and I will cease to be a memory." I thought for a minute on how he knew her name.

I looked at him, "Lord Voldermort will return, very much alive," he said. "Ginny? Delia?" I said, when I heard a splash from behind me and looked up to see the basilisk coming from the water.

I looked around and my eyes landed on the hat where a handle, with red stones on it, appeared out of nowhere. I ran over and pulled it out and saw it was a sword. I held it up in front of me and walked backwards then ran over to the statue and started climbing it.

I turned around and faced the basilisk with the sword, still held out. I swung at it, multiply times, then stopped and it launched forward, but I moved in time.

I continued climbing and it stuck right beside me making me lose my grip on one of my hands and I was dangling there by one hand. I grabbed ahold of where it was before and climbed up until I got to the top of the statue.

It struck again, but didn't hit me. I walked forward some and it looked at me opening it's mouth. I swung the sword and it pulled back then came forward, and I swung but fell down.

I stood back up and swung again, hitting its nose. I swung some more then lost my balance and rolled down until I hit the wall. I sat up and saw the sword sliding down the head. I shot up and grabbed it, right when the basilisk opened it's mouth lunging towards me and I didn't hesitate and I shoved the sword up the roof of it's mouth.

I felt something stab my arm, but I kept the sword held in for a while and pulled it out bringing one of it's fangs along with me, lodged into my arm.

I pulled it out of my arm and held my arm, then looked up and the basilisk was shaking it's head, when it finally fell down, with it's head out of the water and it's body in, dead.

I climbed down with the sword and fang and walked over to Delia and Ginny. I was in immense pain from my arm, and it hurt so bad I felt like my body was burning me from the inside out.

I fell down on my knees, "Remarkable isn't it? How quickly the venom of the basilisk penetrates the body," Tom asked. I crawled over to Ginny and Delia and looked up at Tom, "I'd guess you have little more than a minute to live."

"You'll be with your dear Mudblood mother soon, Harry," he said. I looked up at him, then grabbed Delia and Ginny's hands, "Funny the damage a silly little book can do," Tom said, "especially in the hands of a silly, little girl."

An idea came to me, I grabbed Tom's diary from Ginny's arms and opened it up, "What are you doing?" Tom asked suddenly in a worried voice. I grabbed the basilisk fang and held it over the pages, "NO!" Tom yelled and lunged towards me.

But I had already stabbed the fang into one of the pages and black ink came out. A light shown through Tom's chest and hole started forming. He screamed and I pulled the fang out and he lunged towards me again.

I stabbed it into the other page and more ink came out and a holestarted to form on Tom's face and the light in his chest shown brighter.

I pulled it out and it was coated in the black ink. I looked at him for a minute, then closed the book and stabbed the front cover. A bright light came and holes were forming everywhere on Tom, when he blew up into tiny bright patches.

Ginny's eyes opened suddenly, and sat up, but Delia didn't, she laid there and was pale and looked almost like she was dead, but I didn't need to think that, she needs to wake up, I love her and I'm not going to lose her, but she was still breathing, but only slightly.

"Ginny," I said and she turned around. "It was me, but I swear, I didn't mean to," she said then looked down at Delia, and she started crying, "I didn't mean to do any of it, Riddle made me."

She looked down at my arm and her eyes went wide, "Harry your hurt," she said. "Don't worry," I said, "Ginny you need to get out of here, take Delia with you, you need to get yourselves out, follow the Chamber and you'll find Ron."

I heard Fawkes again and I looked up and it was him. He came down and landed in between me and Delia, "You were brilliant Fawkes," I said, "I just wasn't quick enough."

He leaned down and felt something drop onto my arm, and he was crying, another one came then another and with one last one, the wound on my arm was gone.

"Of course," I said, "Phoenix tears have healing powers, thanks." I looked down at Delia and cupped my hands over her cheeks, Fawkes walked over and started crying and Delia's cut suddenly healed then it was gone and her robes weren't black or red, but wet.

"Delia?" I asked. "Hey Harry," she whispered and smiled. She opened her eyes and I got lost in them beautiful blue eyes. I smiled and hugged her, "Ow," she said. I pulled away, "What's wrong?" I asked.

"I think my arm's broke, but it'll be fine," she said smiling then hugged me. "Delia I am so sorry," Ginny said. Delia smiled and went over and hugged her, "It's all right Ginny, it's over," she said.

"It's just a memory," I said smiling then walked over and hugged them both. "Come on," I said standing up , "Let's get out of here."

We walked out with Fawkes and found Ron and Lockhart, "Ginny, Delia," Ron said running over and hugging them, "How do we get out of here?"

Delia looked around and had this look of concentration, "Fawkes," she said. "A bird?" Ron asked. "Phoenix's can carry immensely heavy loads," she said. "How are we all going to fit?" Ron asked.

"Um," Delia said, "Fawkes will hold onto Lockhart, Ron will hold onto his ankle, Harry will hold onto Ron's and Ginny can hold onto Harry." "What about you?" I asked. "Lockhart can hold me," she said.

We got up and then Fawkes flew out, "Amazing this is like magic," Lockhart yelled. "What happened to Lockhart?" Delia yelled down.

"Memory charm backfired," Ron said, "Hasn't got a clue who he is." "Ahh," Delia said and nodded her head.