Chapter 9

Harry's POV-

I woke up to sun shine and looking around I saw I was in the boy's dormitories, at Hogwarts.

I smiled, then everything came back to me: I escaped from the Dursleys from the Weasley's flying car, me and Ron couldn't get through the barrier to Platform 9/3, we had to drive the flying car and almost got killed by that tree, almost got expelled and Delia's mad.

I got out of bed and saw that Delia was sitting by the fire, "What happened to you guys?" She asked turning around to look at me. "We couldn't get through the barrier," I said walking closer to her. "And how did you get here?" She asked.

"We um..." I said not knowing if I should answer. "Let me guess you had to drive that flying car and you found the train, but somehow got thrown out the car and was hanging on for dear life then almost got expelled because you broke the Decree for Underage Wizardry," I said.

But before I could say anything, "At least your alright that's all, now come on everyone's down at breakfast," she said taking my hand and walking towards the door and walked through.
____________________________________________________________________________________

Delia's POV-

I was still mad at Harry and Ron, but knowing that their alright is fine with me, and over night I decided I couldn't hide from Cedric anymore, but it's better then father yelling at me some more.

We got to the Great Hall and sat beside Hermione and Ron, "Morning," I said sitting down beside Hermione while Harry sat beside Ron.

"Morning," Hermione said and I thought I heard a morning from Ron, but his mouth was full of food. We finished eating and headed for Herbology. We put are clothes on for class and are gloves.

"Morning everyone," Professor Sprout said walking in, but everyone was talking. "Good morning everyone," Professor Sprout said tapping her wand on a flower pot.

"Good morning Professor Sprout," everyone said. "Welcome to Green House 3, second years, now gather round," Professor Sprout said. Everyone walked up to the plants.

"Today we are going to replant Mandrakes," Sprout said, "now who can tell me the properties of the Mandrake?" Sprout asked.

Hermione's hand shot up and almost hit me, "Yes Miss. Granger," Sprout said. Hermione smiled then said, "Mandrake or Mandragora is used to turn those who have been petrified to their original state."

Sprout nodded her head for her to continue, "it's also quiet dangerous, the Mandrakes cry is fatal to anyone who hears it," Hermione said. "Exactly," Professor Sprout said, "Ten points to Gryffindor."

We looked at each other and I saw Hermione beaming, I smiled at her and everyone and saw Harry looking at me.

I blushed and looked to Professor Sprout, "Now as our Mandrakes are still seedlings their cry wont kill you yet, but will knock you out for a couple hours," she said, "Which is why I've given you each a pair of earmuffs, for orderly protection, so will you please put them on right away, come on now."

I grabbed my earmuffs and shoved them on along with everyone else, "flaps tight down," Professor Sprout said, "now watch me closely, you take your Mandrake firmly and you pull it straight out," she said pulling what looked like the ugliest baby looking thing.

I heard the scream and grabbed my earmuffs close to my ear, "got it and now put it in the other pot and pour a little sprinkling of soil," Sprout said while the thing kept on screaming.

I felt something touch my ankle and looking down I saw Neville passed out, "Ah Longbottoms been neglecting his earmuffs," Sprout said. "No ma'am he's just fainted," Seamus said. "Yes, well just leave him there," she said, "right on we go, plenty of pots to go around, grasp your Mandrake and pull."

We pulled them out and dirt flew everywhere, and screaming as well. I looked at Harry, Ron, and Hermione and saw them looking at their Mandrakes with looks of horror.

I looked around and saw Draco petting his then putting his fingers near it's mouth and then it bit down on his fingers, I laughed at him and his stupidity, then turned back around and put my Mandrake in the pot and poured the soil on it until it stopped screaming.