Chapter 16

Delia's POV-

 We were in McGonagall's room with animals on our tables, when, "Could I have your attention please?" McGonagall asked, "Right," she said standing up and walking around her desk once everyone got quiet, "Now today we will be transforming animals into water goblets."

I felt like someone was staring at the back of my head, but when I turned around, no one was looking my way, "Like so," McGonagall said, "One, two, three, Vera Verto." Then with a final tap the bird turned into a clear water goblet.

"Now it's your turn," she said, "who would like to go first?" I was in my own thoughts when I heard my name, "Yes?" I asked. "How about you try?" She said. "Of course," I said taking out my wand.

'One, two, three,' I said in my head while tapping the bird, "Vera Verto," I said and I watched as the animal in front of me now turned into a water goblet.

Hermione clapped beside me, "Exactly 10 points to Gryffindor," she said and the whole Gryffindor's in the room started clapping. "Mr. Weasley how about you?" McGonagall said walking over to him, "One, two, three, Vera Verto."

He coughed, then tapped his wand against his pet mouse, "Vera Verto," but instead of turning into a clear water goblet it turned into a fuzzy, brown one with a rat tail.

Everyone laughed and I saw Harry smile, which some how made me smile, but that feeling that someone was looking at me.

"That wand needs replacing, Mr. Weasley," McGonagall said then turned around to head back to her desk when Hermione raised her hand.

"Yes Miss Granger?" McGonagall asked. "Professor I was wondering if you could tell us about the Chamber of Secrets?" Hermione asked.

Everyone went quiet and looked at Professor McGonagall. She looked around then breathed in, "Very well," she said, "you all know of course that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago, by the four greatest witches and wizards."

"Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin," McGonagall said, "Now three of the founders coexisted quite harmoniously, one did not." "Three guesses who," Ron said.

"Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts," she said, "he believed magical learning should be kept within all- magic families, in other word pure-bloods."

I saw Draco look at Hermione who just gave him a death glare, "Unable to sway the others he decided to leave the school," McGonagall said, "Now according to legend, Slytherin had built a hidden Chamber in this castle, known as the Chamber of Secrets."

"Though shortly before departing he sealed it until the time when his own true Heir returned to school. The Heir alone would be able to unlock the Chamber and unleash the horror within and by so doing purge the school of all those, who, in Slytherin's view were unworthy to study magic."

"Muggle-born's," Hermione said. McGonagall pointed her wand at her, "Well naturally the school has been searched many times, no such Chamber has been found."

"Professor?" I asked, "What exactly does the legend say lies within the Chambers?" She turned and looked at me, "The Chamber is said to be home to something only the Heir of Slytherin can control," she said, "it is said to be home of a monster."

I looked at Hermione then saw Ron look back at Draco, who was smirking. I wanted so bad to go and slap that smirk off his face, but I already have detention and I don't need anymore.