Chapter 31

(THAT SAME NIGHT) Harry's POV-

"Madam Pomfrey," I yelled. "What is it?" She asked coming out in her night gown, and looked down at Delia, "Oh dear, bring her here," she said pointing to a bed and I laid her down.

Pomfrey started cutting her jean leg and gasped once it was off, "Oh dear what happened?" She asked. I looked at Ron, "She got bit," Ron said. "By what?" She asked taking Delia's shoes, off and running a wet cloth over her leg.

"A spider," I said and she looked at me shocked, "It was a huge spider, I don't even know how it got into the common room, but it was gone by the time we got to her," I lied. Pomfrey took out her wand and waved it over Delia's leg then put it away and started wrapping it up.

"She's going to have to stay the night, but if she's better she can be out tomorrow," Pomfrey said, "Now off to bed, both of you." We nodded out heads and walked towards Gryffindor Tower.
________________________________________________________________________

(THE NEXT DAY) Delia's POV-

I woke up to a searing pain from my knee down to my ankle. I sat up, "Here take this," Pomfrey said handing me some drink and it tasted horrible. I looked over and saw my parents asleep in chairs, "They've been here since this morning," Pomfrey said, "And Cedric comes in through classes."

I nodded my head and smiled at her and looked over and saw Hermione. A few minutes later Harry and Ron came in.

Harry switched Hermione's flowers, then sat down beside her, "Wish you were here Hermione," he said, "We need you now more than ever."

"Miss. Diggory you need to take this as well," Pomfrey said trying to hand me another horrible drink, "Madam Pomfrey I already took it a few minutes ago," I said. She huffed and walked away.

I looked up and saw Harry smiling, "Delia," he said. "Hi Harry, hi Ron," I said. I looked in the mirror and saw I didn't look pale or sweaty anymore, but my foot was resting on a pillow and I was still wearing Harry's jacket.

I stood up, and wobbled some when Ron came over and helped me. Harry reached down and touched Hermione's hand then came back up with a piece of paper. "What's that?" Ron asked.

He unrolled the paper, "Ron, Delia this is why Hermione was in the library the day she was attacked," Harry said, "Come on," he said and him and Ron got up.

"Delia aren't you coming?" Ron asked. "I cant my leg," I said pointing to my leg, "Go on, come back and tell me everything," I said. They nodded their heads and left.
______________________________________________________________________

Harry's POV-

"Of the many fearsome beast that roam our land none is more deadly than the basilisk," I said, "capable of living for hundreds of years, instant death awaits any who meet the giant serpents eye."

"Spiders flee before it, Ron this is it, the monster in the Chamber of Secrets is a basilisk, that's why I can hear it speak, it's a snake," I said. "But if it kill's by looking people in the eye why is it no one's dead?" Ron asked.

I thought for a minute then looked into the window and saw mine and Ron's reflection, "Because no one did look it in the eye, not directly at least," I said, "Colin saw it through his camera, Justin....Justin must have seen the basilisk through Nearly Headless Nick, Nick got the full blast of it, but he's a ghost he couldn't die again, and Hermione had the mirror, I bet you she was using it to look around corners in case it came along."

"And Mrs. Norris?" Ron asked, "I'm pretty sure she didn't have a mirror or camera, Harry." "The water," I said, "there was water on the floor that night, she only saw the basilisk's reflection."

Ron nodded his head, and I looked back down at the paper then walked over to the light, "Spiders flee before it, it all fits," I said. "But how has a basilisk been getting around?" Ron asked, "a dirty, great snake someone had to have seen it."

I looked down at the bottom of the paper, "Hermione answered that to," I said. "Pipes?" Ron said, "It's been using the plumbing." "Remember what Aragog said about that girl 50 years ago?" I asked, "She died in a bathroom, maybe she never left."

"Moaning Myrtle," Ron said. I nodded my head, "All students are to return to their house dormitories at once," McGonagall's voice said, "all teachers to the second floor corridor immediately."
____________________________________________________________________________-

Delia's POV-

I waited for Ron and Harry to get back when Ginny came in, "Are you ready to get rid of that book?" I asked her. She nodded her head and helped me up.

We were walking, "Where are we going?" I asked. But she didn't answer, until I noticed we were on the second floor, by Moaning Myrtle's bathroom.

Then she stopped suddenly making me wince a little, when she took out her wand. I was looking around, when I felt this sharp pain in my stomach, it felt as if someone had stabbed me. I fell down and I heard my arm pop.

I was about to scream when she put her hand over my mouth. A few minutes later I was picked up and I looked back and saw "Their Skeletons will lie in the Chamber forever.'

I looked and saw Ginny wasn't bleeding so it had to be me, "Ginny," I said then I heard a hissing noise and movement, then a few minutes I was dropped onto a cold wet ground and the same arm popped again.

I let out a scream when I saw Ginny fall to the ground with Tom Riddle's diary in her hand, then it all came together, 'Tom Marvolo Riddle, was the one who opened the Chamber of Secrets fifty years ago,  he was the Heir of Slytherin and then I noticed if you flip his name around it spells, 'I am Lord Voldermort,"

"Very good," I heard a voice say and my vision was blurry and all I saw was what looked like a teenage boy, then everything went black.