Chapter 32

Harry's POV-

We ran down the hall to the second floor corridor and saw the teachers surrounding a wall. We hid behind a wall, "As you can see the Heir of Slytherin has left another message," McGonagall said, "our worst fear has been realized."

I looked at Ron, "Two students have been taken by the monster into the Chamber itself," McGonagall said and breathed out, "The students must be sent home, I'm afraid this is the end of Hogwarts."

Lockhart came walking down in a peach looking color suit, "So sorry dozed off what have I missed?" He asked. "Two girls have been snatched by the monster Lockhart," Snape said, "Your moment has come at last."

I looked at Ron, "My moment?" Lockhart asked. "Weren't you saying just last night, that you've known all along where the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets is?" Snape asked.

Lockhart looked at Snape, "That's settled," McGonagall said, "We'll leave you to deal with the monster, Gilderoy, your skill's after all are legend."

"Very well," Lockhart said smiling, "I'll just be in my office getting ready." He turned and walked away, "Who has the monster taken, Minerva?" Pomfrey asked.

McGonagall stood quiet for a minute, "Ginny Weasley and Delia Diggory." I looked at them and when they moved I saw what the Heir had written, "Their Skeleton's will lie in the Chamber forever," Ron said.

"Ginny," Ron said. "Delia," I said, "Should we tell her brother?" Ron asked. "No, he already doesn't trust me that much," I said, "Come on." I said and ran towards Lockhart's office.
___________________________________________________________

Harry's POV-

We ran into the classroom, "Lockhart may be useless, but he's going to try and get into the Chamber, "I said, "At least we can tell him what we know."

We ran up the steps and into his office,"Professor we have some information for you," I said opening the door to see him packing, "Are you going somewhere?" I asked.

"Uh well yes, urgent call, unavoidably got to go," he said. "What about my sister, and Delia?" Ron asked. "Well," Lockhart said going over and closing a trunk and locking it, "as to that, most unfortunate, no one regrets more than I."

He walked over to his desk and grabbed some papers putting them in a bag, "Your the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, you cant go now," Ron said. He grabbed a wig and put it in the bag, "I must say when I took the job there was nothing in the job description," he said and headed towards the door.

"Your running away?" I asked getting in front of the door, "after all you did in your books?" "Books can be misleading," he said. "You wrote them," I said.

"My dear boy do use your common sense," he said laying down his bag, "my books wouldn't have sold as well if people didn't think I'd done those things." "Your a fraud," I said, "you've just been taking credit for what other wizards have done, is there anything you can do?"

"Yes, now that you mention it, I'm rather gifted with memory charms," he said, "otherwise all those wizards would have went blabbing, I'd never sold another book."

He walked around us and towards his stuff, "In fact I'm going to have to do the same to you." We pulled out our wands before he even turned around, "Don't even think about it," I said and motioned for him to drop his wand, and he did.