Chapter 13

Delia's POV-

I sat down in a seat in front of Dumbledore's desk, "Professor," I began. "Miss Diggory hitting classmates is against the rules," Dumbledore said. "I know Professor and I'm sorry," I said, "but it was only because Malfoy called Hermione a mud blood."

Dumbledore's calm and collected face transformed into some other face expression, "I see," he said, "Well I'll have to punish you so one week of detention with me."

I sighed in relief, 'at least it was him,' I thought. "Of course Professor," I said. He stood up, "You may go I'll come and get you when your detention starts," he said.

I nodded my head and walked towards the door and opened it. When it closed behind me, I grunted and ran down to Hagrid's Hut.

When I walked in I saw Ron hovering over a bucket and throwing up a slug.
______________________________________________________________________________________

Harry's POV-

We got down to Hagrid's and sat him down in a chair. "This calls for specialist's equipment," Hagrid said coming over and handing Ron a bucket, right when Delia came in looking mad. "Well hello Delia," Hagrid said smiling.

"Hi Hagrid," she said coming over and sitting down on the floor. "Nothing to do, but wait till it stops I'm afraid," Hagrid said sitting down. Right then I heard a gagging noise and up came a slug.

"Okay," I said rubbing his back. "Better out than in," Hagrid said, "who was Ron trying to curse anyway?"

"Malfoy, he called Hermione......" I began, "I don't exactly know what it means." Hermione got up and walked towards the door, "He called me a mud blood." Hagrid gasped, "He did not."

"What's a mud blood?" I asked. Delia stood up and walked over towards Hermione then looked at me, "It means dirty-blood," Delia said, "Mud blood is a foul name for someone who's muggle-born."

"Someone with non-magic parents," Hermione said, "someone like me." "Don't listen to Malfoy Hermione, your my best friend and it doesn't matter if your muggle born, you'll always be my best friend," Delia said hugging her.

"It's not a term one hears in civilized conversation," Hermione said once Delia pulled away. "See, the thing is, Harry, there are some wizards, like the Malfoy family, that think their better than everyone else because they're what people call pure-blood," Hagrid said.

"That's horrible," I said. I heard some more gagging then another slug fell into the bucket, "It's disgusting," Ron said. "and it's codswallop to boot," Hagrid said, "dirty blood, why there isn't a wizard alive today that's half-blood or less."

"More to the point, they've yet to think of a spell that our Hermione cant do," Hagrid said holding out his hand and taking Hermione's, "Come here," He said, "Don't you think on it Hermione, don't you think on it one minute."

It got late and Ron's slug incident was over. "So what happened?" Ron asked Delia. "I'll tell you all later," she said then turned to me, "Harry go."

I looked at her, "What?" I asked. "Remember you have detention with Lockhart," she said. "Right," I said, "See you guys later." Then ran off to Lockhart's room.