Chapter 26

Harry's POV-

We got Hermione to the Hospital Wing, but we couldn't stay, "Have you spoken to Hermione?" Ron asked. "She should be out of the Hospital in a few days," I said walking up the steps, "When she stops coughing up hair balls."

I looked over and Delia was still scrubbing her mouth with her hand, we got to the second set of stairs when we saw water, "What's this?" Ron asked. "Let's go," I said and followed the water down the halls.

"Yuck," Ron said. "Looks like Moaning Myrtle's flooded the bathroom," Delia said dropping her hand. And she was right, when we walked into Myrtles bathroom the floor was wet and the sinks were over flowing.

Myrtle was sitting by the window and sobbing, when she saw us she stopped, "Come to throw something else at me?" She asked. "Why would I throw something at you?" I asked.

She stood up and hovered over the spot, "Don't ask me," she said, "here I am minding my own business when someone thinks its funny to throw something at me."

"But it can't hurt if someone throws something at you," Ron said, "I mean it'll just go right through you." "Ron," Delia said, while Myrtle shot down and got in Ron's face.

"Sure let's all throw books at Myrtle because she cant feel it," Myrtle said, "Ten points if it goes threw her stomach," she said shooting her arm threw Ron's stomach, "50 if it goes threw her head," she yelled throwing her arm threw his head.

"But who threw it at you, anyway?" I asked. She turned to me and said in a much softer voice, "I don't know I didn't see them, I was just sitting in the 'U' bend thinking about death, and it feel through the top of my head."

She sighed and turned away sobbing, when I saw a book on the ground. I walked over and picked it up and tried to shake some of the water off, "Come on before we get in trouble," Delia said coming over and grabbing my hand.

Ron and Delia went on to bed , while I stayed downstairs with the book. I opened it up and flipped through the pages and saw they were all blank.

I closed it and turned it around and saw "Tom Marvolo Riddle." I looked at the book then opened it back up and grabbed a quill and some ink.

A drop of ink fell onto the page, but instead of staying it disappeared. I looked at it shocked then flipped the page over and didn't see it there.

I thought of an idea and got some more ink and wrote down, "My name is Harry Potter." The writing disappeared and up came, "Hello Harry Potter, my name's Tom Riddle." then it went away.

I stared at it shocked, and thought, 'I'm talking to a book.' I got some more ink and wrote, "Do you know anything about the Chamber of Secrets?" It disappeared and responded, "Yes," then went away.

I got more ink and, "Can you tell me?" I was disappointed at the reply, "No." I laid the quill down and leaned back, when, "But I can show you, let me take you back fifty years ago."

The pages flipped through and stopped on this one page and up at the right hand corner came the date, "13th June."

I held the book up and right down the spine a light appeared and it grew bigger and bigger then I felt myself get sucked into it. I was in a hall way in Hogwarts, right by a wild bore statue.

I walked past and saw a young teenage boy standing at the steps looking up towards the upper floor. "Excuse me could you tell me what's going on?" I asked the boy, while walking up the steps, but I didn't get a response. "Are you Tom Riddle?" I asked and stopped when I got to him, "Hello can you hear me?"

I followed his stare and saw four men carrying down a gurney with a blanket over top of it. They walked down the steps and when they passed a hand was sticking out from under the blanket, "Riddle?" A voice asked from above us.

I looked up and saw a man who looked oddly familiar, "Come," the man said. I followed Tom up the steps, "Professor Dumbledore," Tom said. "Dumbledore," I said.

"It is not wise to be wandering around this late hour Tom," Dumbledore said. "Yes Professor I suppose I," Tom said, "I had to see for myself if the rumors were true." "I'm afraid they are Tom, they are true," Dumbledore said.

"About the school as well?" Tom asked, "I don't have a home to go to, they wouldn't really close Hogwarts would they Professor?" "I understand Tom, but I'm afraid Headmaster Dippet may have no choice," Dumbledore said.

I stood there just listening to everything and knowing if I did say something they wouldn't hear me, "Sir, if it were all stopped, if the person responsible was caught," Tom said and it kind of went silent, when Dumbledore said, "Is there something you wish to tell me?"

"No, sir, Nothing," Tom said, and I realized Dumbledore asked me that same question and I responded the same way Tom did. Dumbledore looked at him quizingly, "Very well then, off you go," Dumbledore said. "Goodnight, sir," Tom said, then walked past Dumbledore and down the hall.

I watched then ran after him, and we was at the statue me and Ron stood behind that night we interrogated Malfoy. Tom was already up the steps by the time I got there and I had to say for a teenage boy in a diary, he was fast that I had to run to keep up.

I followed him down towards the dungeons and around the corner towards a door, where he took out his wand and looked behind him then barged in on somebody saying, "Let's get you out of there," and hovering over a box.

"Evening Hagrid," Tom said while Hagrid slammed the lid door shut. 'Hagrid,' I thought, and saw he looked nothing like he does now, "I'm going to have to turn you in Hagrid, I don't think you meant for it to kill anybody," Tom said holding out his wand.

"You cant you don't understand," Hagrid said. "The dead girl's parents will be here tomorrow and the least Hogwarts can do is make sure the thing that killed their daughter is slaughtered," Tom said.

"It wasn't him," Hagrid said holding down the box lid he had been talking into, "Aragog never killed no one, never." "Monsters don't make good pet's Hagrid," Tom said, "Now stand aside."

"No," Hagrid said. "Stand aside Hagrid," Tom said again, still holding his wand out. "No," Hagrid said. "Cistem Aperio," Tom said and the box lid blew off and out came a huge spider. "Arania Exumai," Tom said and the spell hit the ground beside where the spider had been.

It turned the corner and disappeared from view, I turned back around and, "Aragog," Hagrid said walking towards the door when Tom turned around and held his wand up, "I cant let you go they'll have your wand for this Hagrid, you'll be expelled."

Hagrid leaned his head down, "Hagrid," I said holding my hand out, when I felt myself being pulled back and the door slammed shut and that bright light came back, "Hagrid," I said before I was sucked out of the book and thrown into the chair I was in before.

I breathed out "Whoah," I said then got up and ran to bed waiting for this day to be over.