Chapter 35

Harry's POV-

I held my wand out and walked through and saw a ladder. I climbed down it and saw snake heads surrounding the sides and a statue of a head, that I'm assuming is Salazar Slytherin.

I looked at the end and saw Delia and Ginny just laying there. "Ginny, Delia," I said then ran down and dropped to my knees, "Ginny, Delia please don't be dead, wake up, wake up," I said looking at them both laying there motionless, but breathing.

I looked over and saw a puddle of blood surrounding Delia and her robes were red, "Oh, please don't be dead," I said and touched her soft cheeks, then looked down and saw Ginny holding Tom Riddle's diary.

"Please wake up," I said to them both. Then I felt a hand on mine, "Harry, it was Tom Riddle," Delia whispered, "but he's not Tom Riddle anymore he's....." she began then she stopped and her hand dropped from mine.

"Come on wake up," I said to the both of them. "She wont wake and for her friend her time is limited," a male voice said. He walked closer and I saw Hogwarts robes, Slytherin to be exact.

"Tom Riddle, what do you mean she wont wake?" I asked, "And what did you do to Delia? Their not?" "Their still alive, but only just," he said. "Are you a ghost?" I asked.

"A memory persevered in a diary for 50 years," he said. I reached down and touched their hands and they were ice cold, "Their cold as ice, Ginny, Delia please don't be dead wake up," I said, "You've got to help me Tom there's a basilisk."

"It wont come until it's called," he said as if this was a normal situation. I looked up and saw he had my wand, "Give me my wand Tom," I said standing up. "You wont be needing it," he said. "Listen we've got to go, we've got to save them," I said.

"I'm afraid I cant do that," he said," you see as poor Ginny grows weaker, I grow stronger." "What about Delia what does she have to do with this?" I asked.

He ignored that question, "Yes, Harry it was Ginny Weasley who opened the Chamber of Secrets," he said. "No she couldn't, she wouldn't," I said. "It was Ginny who set the basilisk on the mud-bloods and Filches cat, Ginny who wrote the threating messages on the wall," he said.

"But why?" I asked. "Because I told her to," he said, "you'll find I can be very persuasive, not that she knew what she was doing, she was shall we say in a kind of trance."

"Still the power of the diary began to scare her and that's where she comes in," he said pointing to Delia, "she had figured it out everything, and told Ginny to dispose of the book in the girl's bathroom, but I couldn't let that happen so I had Ginny use a spell on her and bring her down here."

He went back to the bathroom thing, "then who should find it in the girl's bathroom, but you? The very person I was most anxious to meet," he said. "And why did you want to meet me?" I asked.

"I knew I had to talk to you, meet you if I could," he said, "so I decided to show you my capture of that brainless oaf Hagrid, to gain your trust." "Hagrid's my friend," I yelled, "and you framed him didn't you?"

"It was my word against Hagrid's," he said, "Only Dumbledore seemed to think he was innocent." I smiled, "I bet Dumbledore saw right through you."

"He certainly kept an annoyingly close watch on me after that," he said and walked in front of me, " I knew it wouldn't be safe to open the Chamber again while I was still at school, so I decided to leave a diary preserving my 16-year-old self in it's pages, so that one day I would be able to lead another to finish Salazar Slytherin's noble work."

"Well you haven't this time," I said, "In a few hours, the Mandrake drought will be ready, and everyone who was petrified will be alright again." He shook his head, ""Haven't I told you?" He asked, "Killing mud-bloods doesn't matter to me anymore, for many months my new target has been you."

I looked at him shocked, "How is it a baby with no extradionary magical talent, was able to defeat the greatest wizard of all time?" He asked, "How did you escape with nothing, but a scar while Lord Voldermorts powers were destroyed?"

"Why do you care how I escaped? Voldermort was after your time?" I asked. He sneered, "Voldermort is my past, present, and future," he said then turned around and wrote in fiery letters, 'Tom Marvolo Riddle.'

Then he waved my wand and I knew what Delia was trying to say, Tom Riddle, was Voldermort and when his name turned into another sentence, her theory was right, 'I am Lord Voldermort,' it said, then they went away.

"You, you're the Heir of Slytherin," I said, "your Voldermort." "Yes, your little friend figured that out to, but surely you didn't think I was going to keep my filthy muggle fathers name?" He asked, "No, I fashioned myself a new name, a name I knew wizards everywhere would one day fear to speak, when I became the greatest sorcerer in the world."

"Albus Dumbledore is the greatest sorcerer in the world," I yelled. "Dumbledore's been driven out of this castle by the mere memory of me," Tom yelled.

"He'll never be gone, not as long as those who remain are loyal to him," I said. We stared at each other angrily when I heard a bird squeak and I saw Fawkes, "Fawkes?" I asked.

He came and dropped something into my hands, then flew away. I unrolled what he had dropped and saw the Sorting Hat, "So this is what Dumbledore sends his greatest defender a songbird, and an old hat," Tom said.

I looked in the hat and thought something would be in there, but it was empty. Tom walked over to the statue of Salazar Slytherin's head and spoke in Parseltongue and I knew what he was saying, "Speak to me, Slytherin, greatest of the Hogwarts four."

I looked over and saw the mouth of the statue open, "Let's match the power of Lord Voldermort, Heir of Salazar Slytherin, against the famous Harry Potter," Tom said. I heard something slithering and I knew it was the basilisk coming, I closed my eyes, then heard water splashing and I knew it was out of the statue.