Chapter 30

Harry's POV-

We walked towards the door with Delia in front of me and grabbed a lantern, "Come on Fang," she said opening the door and walking out.

We was outside and she handed me the lantern and walked over to the window and saw the spiders, "Harry?" Delia asked. I turned to her, "Do you want your jacket back?"

I smiled, "It's ok you keep on wearing it, it looks good on you," I said. I thought I saw her blush, "Alright," she said smiling at me.

"Come on," she said and started following the spiders. "What?" Ron asked. "You heard Hagrid, follow the spiders," Delia said. "They're heading towards the Dark Forest," Ron said. "Do I need to hold your hand?" She asked holding her hand out.

Ron walked towards her and grabbed her hand, "See I'll protect you," She said. I felt an humongous wave of jealousy go through me when I saw her other hand out. I walked over and grabbed it feeling that spark, I felt the first day I meet her.

"Why spiders though? Why couldn't it be follow the butterflies?" Ron asked. "Don't worry Ron," Delia said, "their baby spiders, so if one tries to attack you, step on it." I smiled and Ron nodded his head, "their only babies, just got to step on them," he repeated.

We were pretty deep into the Dark Forest and not one spider tried to attack Ron, "Harry, Delia I don't like this," Ron said. "Calm down Ron," Delia said. "I don't like this at all," He said.

"Shush," I said. "Don't worry Ron," Delia said in a soothing voice. I saw the spiders heading under this path of fallen tree branches, "Can we go back now?" Ron asked. I didn't hear a response from Delia, maybe she gave up on trying to calm him down.

"Come on," I said and followed the spiders. We got to this big opening surrounded by spider webs. I heard a noise like branches breaking, "Who is it?" A deep voice asked. "Don't panic," I whispered.

But Delia tightened her grip on my hand, "Hagrid, is that you?" The voice asked. "Were friends of Hagrid's," I said.

I heard some more breaking noises and then I saw a humongous spider leg appear, followed by the biggest spider I had ever seen.

"And you're Aragog aren't you?" Delia asked. "Yes," he said, "Hagrid has never sent a girl and men into my hollow before."

"He's in trouble," Delia said, "Up at the school there have been attacks, they think it's Hagrid, they think he opened the Chamber of Secrets like before."

"That's a lie," Aragog said making Delia jump and hide behind my back, "Hagrid never opened the Chamber of Secrets."

"Then your not the monster?" I asked. "No, the monster was born in the castle, I came to Hagrid from a distant land in the pocket of a traveler," Aragog said. "Harry," Ron said tugging on my shirt, "Shush," I said.

"But if your not the monster then who is?" Delia asked coming out from behind my back. "We do not speak of it," Aragog said and Delia squeezed my hand instead of going behind me, "It is an Ancient creature we spiders fear above all others."

"But have you seen it?" I asked. "I never saw any part of the castle but the box in which Hagrid kept me," he said, "the girl was discovered in a bathroom, when I was accused, Hagrid brought me here."

"Harry, Delia," Ron said. "What?" I asked. He pointed up and I saw medium sized spiders descending down on us, making Delia jump. I swallowed, "Well  thank you," I said, "We'll just go."

I backed up dragging Delia with me, who was dragging a scared Ron, "Go?" Aragog asked, "I think not, my son's and daughters do not harm Hagrid on my command," he said as spiders started surrounding us, "but I can not deny them fresh meat, when it wanders so willingly into our midst, goodbye friend of Hagrid."

"Can we panic now?" Ron asked. Then one dropped down behind us landing with a thud, Delia pulled her wand out and I hit the one with the lantern, then another one, but more came and I dropped the lantern and took my wand out.

"Know any spells?" Ron asked. "Yea," Delia said. "One, but it's not powerful enough for all of them," I said. When Delia yelled, "Arania Exumai," and one of the spiders flew back.

"Where's Hermione when you need her?" Ron asked. "Oh thanks Ron," Delia said, "Avifors." She said and one of the spiders that was flying towards us transformed into a bird, but soon the spiders had ate it.

"I could really use some help here," She said. "Arania Exumai," I yelled when one jumped out. "Aqua Eructo," Delia said and a jet of water came out. But her spell didn't hold them off, and they got closer and closer when a bright light shown through.

"Ron isn't that your dad's car?" Delia asked. "Let's go," I said and ran to the car and opened the door, "Arania Exumai," I said and one the spiders went flying. I grabbed Delia, but she got pulled back, "Let me go," she said towards whatever was holding her.

I looked down and saw one the bigger spiders biting her leg, "Arania Exumai," I said and the spider flew backwards.

I pulled her into my lap and closed the door, when one slammed down on the roof and another on the hood, "Go!" I yelled and Ron pushed the pedal and we flew out backwards.

I looked at Delia and saw she was pale and sweaty, "Delia are you alright?" I asked. She didn't answer at first, "Yea I'm fine," she said, but when I adjusted my legs she winced.

I looked down and saw my pants leg covered in blood along with hers. We went over this hill and flew down backwards with the spider still on the hood and flew off when we landed.

We stopped and finally breathed, "Glad were out of there," Ron said, "hey Delia you don't..." but before he finished a spider came and wrapped it's legs around his neck. I grabbed my wand out and Ron moved his head, "Arania Exumai."

The spider flew off, "Thanks for that," Ron said. "Don't mention it," I said and looked back down at Delia and she looked even more pale. "That thing got you that bad?" I asked. "What happened?" Ron asked.

I laid her leg gently on the dashboard, "Bloody hell," Ron said. "Is it that bad?" Delia whispered. "No," I lied but you could hear that I was lying in my voice, "Come on we need to get her to Madam Pomfrey," I said to Ron.

I then saw more spiders coming, "Get us out of here," Delia whispered looking up. "Now!" I said and he pushed it into reverse. "Come on, come on move faster," I yelled. We spun around and we were driving the right way now.

"Come on, go," I yelled, and Ron put it in gear and drove, when I looked out the window and saw the spiders right beside us. I looked down at Delia and she closed her eyes, "Get us in the air," I said. He pulled the gear shift back, "The flying gear's jammed," Ron said.

I saw spiders in front of us, "Come on pull!" I yelled. "I'm trying," he said. We finally got the flying gear to work and flew out knocking some spiders off.

We flew down on the ground in a not so gentle landing in front of Hagrid's and jumped out. I scooted Delia over in Ron's seat and let Fang out. I leaned over and wrapped my arm around her waist and lifted her up.

"Follow the spiders, follow the spiders, if Hagrid get's out of Azkaban I'll kill him," Ron said. When the car made some noises and drove off back into the Dark Forest, "I mean what was the point of sending us in there?" Ron asked, "What have we found out?"

"We know one thing," I said, "Hagrid never opened the Chamber of Secrets, he was innocent." We stared after the car, when I felt Delia's body go limp, "Delia," I said, "Delia." But she didn't respond.

I looked down at her leg and saw her whole pant leg covered in her own blood, "Come on," I said and picked her up bridal style and running towards the door's, but before we entered we put on the invisibility cloak, then ran all the way to the Hospital Wing, and I was thinking, 'Please be alright.'
_____________________________________________________________________________

I'm so glad you guys are liking this book, your comments are so nice and they make my day.
This Chapter was pretty long, but I had noticed I make Delia very accident prone, but I think that's what brings her and Harry so close, the love he has for her, and the love she has for him.

Have you guys noticed that
Like
Comment