Chapter 23

Harry's POV-

Class was over and I walked out as fast as possible with Ron, Hermione and Delia. We got to the Gryffindor tower and said the password and ran in.

I was heading upstairs when Ron stopped me, "You're a Parselmouth? Why didn't you tell us?" Ron asked. "I'm a what?" I asked. "You can talk to snakes," Hermione said.

"I know," I said, then realized how that sounded, "I mean I accidentally set a python cousin on my cousin Dudley at the zoo once." I looked around and saw Delia staring at me in shock, "Once, but so what I bet tons of people here can do it," I said.

"No they cant," Delia said, "it's not a very common gift Harry, this is bad." "What's bad?" I asked, "If I hadn't told that snake not to attack Justin..." "Oh that's what you said," Ron said. "You were there, you heard me," I said.

"I heard you speaking Parseltongue, snake language," Ron said. "I spoke a different language?" I asked. Ron, Delia and Hermione nodded their heads, "But I didn't even realize," I said, "how can I speak another language without knowing I can?"

"I don't know," Hermione said. "Harry it sounded as if you were egging that snake on or something," Delia said. "Harry listen to me," she said taking my hands in her hands, "There's a reason the symbol of Slytherin house is a serpent, Salazar Slytherin was a Parselmouth, he could talk to snake's to."

"Exactly," Ron said, while Delia dropped her hands from mine, "Now the school's gonna think your his great-great-great grandson or something," Ron said.

Delia elbowed him in the ribs, "Ow," he said. "But I'm not," I retorted, "I cant be." "He lived a thousand years ago," Hermione said, "For all we know you could be."

We were in part of the library where we could do our homework, besides Delia who went who knows where.

I was doing my homework when I turned around and saw a group of Ravenclaws looking at me then they turned around. I turned towards Ron and Hermione and they gave me sly smiles. I looked around and saw Hufflepuff's staring at me this time.

I looked over and even Ginny only looked at me then went back to writing. I had enough, I closed my book, "I'll see you in the common room," I said stacking my books up and standing up. They nodded and I walked out knowing everyone was staring at me.

I was in the hallway when I heard that slithering noise and that voice, "I want blood," it said. I walked over to the wall and, "They all must die," the voice said.

I followed the voice down the wall with it saying, "Kill, Kill, Kill." Then the sliding noise and the voice just stopped. I shook it off and turned the corner, but when I did I saw a puddle of water and Nearly Headless Nick hovering over one spot with his head leaning to the side.

I looked at him then looked down and saw Justin laying on his back with one hand in the air and his mouth looked like and O.

I kneeled down and touched his fingers and hands and they were ice cold almost like someone had froze him. "Caught in the act," I heard Filch say from behind me. I turned around and looked at him, "I'll have you out this time Potter mark my words."

He walked the way he had came, "No, Mr. Filch you don't understand," I said, but he was already gone. I looked back down and saw the spiders fleeing in a straight line as fast as possible. I stood up and followed them to the window when I heard footsteps and saw McGonagall and Filch.

She gasped and ran over, looking around with her mouth open, "Professor," I said, "I swear I didn't." "This is out of my hands Potter," she said.
___________________________________________________________________________________