Ambushed

The following week we took a flight to St. Louis for Randy's divorce meeting and I just went so I could visit Cassie. Once we got there, I had a car take me to my sister's house. When I got there she came outside and stopped me at the door.

Stepping outside and closing the door behind her, "Hey sissy!" She pulls me into a hug, "How was your flight?"

"It was okay, why did you have to come outside to greet me?"

She smiles, "I kind of have a surprise for you and I just want to prepare you a little bit. I know you don't really like surprises buuuuuut I don't know, you might like this one."

Getting irritated, "What is it Bria?"

"Okay! So after thinking about this long and hard, I think this might be a good idea but if not don't be mad. I just think you guys should talk. You're going through a lot with Randy and he's going through a lot as well and its been a long time since you guys last talked. Soooo....please talk to him." She opens the door and I see Joe sitting on her living room sofa. When he sees me he smiles and stands up.

Standing in the doorway of her front door, "Oh hell no! Bria what the hell is going on? No! I won't do this, I can't do this right now." I walk away towards her driveway and she follows me. Joe stays inside.

"What's wrong? He just wants to talk to you. I think it'll do you guys some good." she says

"Bria, Randy came to St. Louis with me. Joe can't be here right now. You know how he feels about him. If Randy finds out about this-"

"Randy doesn't have to know." She says trying to calm me down.

"How is he even here right now?"

"Okay so don't be mad again but Joe and I kept in contact." She goes on to explain how they kept in contact and have been talking for a few months and had been telling him everything that's been going on with me because he's been asking.

"Oh my god! Bria, I can't believe you."

"He just wants to talk to you. Gia he misses you and I thought it would be a good idea for you two to talk. You guys miss each other... Please talk to him. He's in pretty bad shape."

I start pacing back and forth, "This is a bad idea....I don't want to see him....i can't see him...You don't know how bad this could end up being...He's going to kill him."

"Why are you panicking? Stop it, you're going to have a panic attack. It's okay​, we won't tell Randy." She tries to grab my shoulders to stop me from pacing.

"You don't understand Bria, Joe can't be here."

Getting irritated, "Why are you freaking out? Just go talk to him."

Just then Roman walks outside and over to us, "I didn't mean to upset you Gia. Honestly, I'm sorry. I just-"

Without looking at him, "Joe please go."

"Can I talk to you first?" he asks

Looking in my purse for my phone, "No!"

"Gia please?" He reaches for my arm but I step back to avoid contact with him.

"Don't touch me!"

My sister looks at me confused, "Gia what's wrong with you?"

"You should've asked me if this was okay."

"I know but we knew you wouldn't do it." She looks at her watch, "You're going to hate this but I thought you would be happy to see him and I kind of planned to give you two some time alone and I have to go pick up Cassie. I'll be back." she rushes to her in her car and leaves.