Chicago Pt. 2

After about 3 months of the regular schedule, working, going home for a couple of days, then working again. I found myself back in Chicago. I had been so busy, I never even texted or called Gia.

It was the day of the show and she fell on my mind.

Damn she probably thinks I forgot all about her. I should text her now.

Hey Gia it's Roman, I'm back in Chicago and I'm about to get your tickets. How many do you need?

She responds a few minutes later:

Hey!! Oh wow, you remembered..My daughter is actually out of town for the summer. So you don't have to get any for us but thanks.

I reply:

That's fine. You don't want to attend? The Invitation is still open...

I let a few minutes pass, then I call her.

Gia answers, "Hello?"

"Hey, it's Roman."

"Hi, how are you, what are you up to?" She asks sounding happy to hear from me.

"Nothing much. You sure you don't want to come? We could get a drink after the show again." I said trying to persuade her.

"If you're asking me out, then okay, but otherwise no." she says

"Okay...After the show do you want to go out with me for a drink?" I say

Gia laughs, "I'm playing with you.. Sure I'll go." She laughs, "I'm downtown right now. I can be there in an hour. I'll see you in a little."

"Okay, I'll get everything arranged." We get off the phone.

Later she arrived, she got her ticket and met me backstage again. I was already in my gear from shooting earlier. She walked through the doors and she was just as nice looking as I remembered.

"Hey stranger!" She says taking off her sunglasses, "How are you?" she opens her arms for a hug

I hug her back, "I'm good. You look nice." I say looking her up and down.

"Thank you. I just came from a meeting."

"You wear that to meetings on a regular day of work?" I asked.

"Yeah, what's wrong with it?" She ask looking at her outfit.

"It's nothing wrong with it. I mean, if I worked with you, I'd just like to look at you everyday."

She laughs, "Well thank you for the compliment. It's not like I have an office job, thank God."

"I'd love to work with you." I laugh, "So you wanna get a drink again after the show?" I look around to see if anyone is watching or listening.

She smiles, "Yeah, same place?"

"Yup. Let's go sit down over here." She follows me to a set of chairs off to the side and we sit down and talk for a while until it was showtime.