Tampa

Joe's POV

The next morning, I called Gia for the 5th time in an hour. I called her a few times last night but she didn't answer any of my calls. I wanted to apologize to her and tell her there was nothing going on. I thought I was doing the right thing by not exposing her to my drama, clearly not. It's not like I didn't want to talk to her in front of Gia. I just don't want her in that.

It was time for me to pack and head to the airport to go home but I figured instead of going home to Tampa, I'd head to Chicago to see if she was okay. I couldn't believe she wasn't talking to me. We had been talking everyday for the last 6 months and this just didn't feel right.

I got on the plane to Chicago and on the way, I just kept thinking about what I would say to her. I really couldn't think of anything but I thought my gesture of coming to Chicago in itself says a lot. I got my rental car and headed to her house. I sat in her driveway for a couple of minutes wondering what I was going to say. I still couldn't come up with anything. I took a deep breath, got out of the car and rang her doorbell.

Bria answers the door.

"Roman? Hi, what are you doing here? Gia didn't tell me you were coming by

"Roman? Hi, what are you doing here? Gia didn't tell me you were coming by." She says with a confused look on her face.

"She doesn't know I'm here, Is she around?"

"No, she's not but she's on her way. You can wait inside if you want." she says.

"Yeah, that'll be fine." I walk in and sit on the sofa. "Could you not tell her I'm here. She might not come home if she knows."

Bria sighs, "Roman, what did you do?"

"Honestly, I thought I was protecting her by keeping her out of my drama with my divorce but I guess I wasn't. She got upset with me because I wouldn't call my wife in front of her. She thinks something is going on with us."

Bria sits next to me, "Oh Roman, you have so much to learn about my sister Gia. She's the type that likes to know any and everything. She doesn't want any room for uncertainty, she doesn't like secrets and she definitely doesn't like surprises. So, if that's how your situation really is, then I'm sure she's feeling very uncertain about things and thinks you're keeping secrets from her."

"But I'm not keeping any secrets. I thought I was protecting her." I say in frustration.

"If that's true, then just talk to her. Show her how sorry you are and prove to her that there isn't anything going on."

Just as she says that Gia walks in the door.

"Hey sis, look who's here?" She smiles at her.

Gia just looks at me with no emotion, "Roman, what do you want and why are you here?"

I stand up, "You aren't answering any of my calls. I thought I'd come here instead of going home. Are you okay?"

Gia says, "As you can see, I'm fine. You should've went home?"