This Changes Everything

Once I landed in Philly, I immediately turned on my phone. It was weird what Gia was talking about. It really didn't get to me until I was on the plane. What if something was going to happen, But what? What could happen? I put my phone in my pocket then went to get my luggage and car. Once I got to my hotel, I called Gia.

She answers, "Hello?"

"Hey babe, are you ok?" I ask

"I think I'm ok, I just got up. I still feel like something's wrong though. I just don't know what." She says

I sigh, "Like what?"

"I don't know, don't worry about it. Anyway, just call me later. I'm going to get my things together for my flight. Have a good day." She says

"You too, I love you." I say

"I love you too babe."

Later on that night, after the live event, I was on my way to my hotel. I took my phone out to call Gia (as I usually do) and I had missed calls from Gia and her sister and her mother. I automatically knew something had to have happened. I called Gia, she didn't answer so then I called Bria.

"Roman!" Bria says

The tone of her voice made my heart start racing, "Yeah, what's wrong?"

"I had to rush Gia to the hospital. I think you should get here." She says

My heart drops, "What happened?"

"She just kept saying she needed to go and she thought something was going on with the baby." She says

"Oh my god, somethings wrong with the baby, is Gia okay?" I ask

"I think she's okay but you should come. She says she needs you. She won't talk to me, she won't talk to anyone, she won't let the doctors do anything. She just keeps asking for you."

Scared about the situation, "Okay, let me talk to some people and try to get there."

After explaining the situation and talking to the proper people I needed to talk to to get approved to leave, I was able to go to Chicago. I was able to catch the last flight out to Chicago. It was late and I was tired but I had to get to Gia. I had to make sure she was okay and our babygirl was fine as well.

Once I got into Chicago, I went straight to the hospital. When I found Bria, she was standing in the hallway outside of Gia's room.

Spotting me running down the hallway, "Finally, you're here."

"Where is she?" I ask out of breath from running.

Putting her arm up to stop me, "She's right here but you should talk to the doctor first. She told him the only person he could talk to is you. She doesn't want him to talk to her, my mother or me. She's completely shut down."

"Me?" I ask

Bria shakes her head, "I don't know. Just find out what's going on?"

I peek in to see Gia asleep, while Bria goes to get the doctor. I couldn't help but to think how I should've listened to her earlier when she told me something was wrong. I shouldn't have left her, I should've stayed. She asked me to stay and she's never done that, that should've told me something wasn't right.

I turned around to see the doctor and Bria walking up to me.

"This is Joe, the person she told you to speak with about her condition." She says

"Hello Joe, I'm Dr. Roberts." The doctor says

Shaking his hand, "Hello, what's going on?"

"Are you her husband?" He asks