Change of Heart

I was at the gym with my cousin's when Jey came up to me with a magazine showing an article with that Chicago Bulls player, Joffrey Lauvergne and someone he was spotted with, Gia.

"What the fuck!" I yelled. "She's dating him now?" I go over to my bag to get my phone out and FaceTime her.

She answers, "I guess you saw the pictures because I haven't talked to you in a month." 

"Hell yeah I saw the pictures and you told me to give you space. I didn't give you space to make room for someone else. I thought y'all was friends. Were you lying?" I asked.

She says with an attitude, "Things change and it's not like you were calling me."

Getting frustrated, "You told me to give you space and besides you broke up with me."

"We weren't together." She replies.

"Okay, That's what we're doing Gia? I thought you cared about me but I guess that was a lie too?"

"No, it wasn't a lie." She says.

"Then what are you doing with him?"

"Joe, we were not together." she adds.

Pissed off, "I'm coming to Chicago and when I get there he better be gone. You have 2 days to get your shit together." I hang up the phone.

Jey says, "Damn Uce, do you really think that's going to work?"

I laugh, "I hope so."

"I hope so too. I can tell this has you all messed up in the head. You haven't been yourself every since this has happened. You love her don't you?" Jey asks.

"Yes, I love her. I told her I'll do whatever it takes to get her back."

"Well, I hope this works. I need the old Joe back." He says.

"I need her back." I start lifting again then I stop. "What if this doesn't work?"

Jey says, "Keep trying. Like you said, do whatever it takes."

2 days later, I was in Chicago, on my way to Gia's house. It was the middle of January and it was freezing outside and snow on the ground. The entire time driving there I was praying this worked and I'll get her back. My divorce wasn't quite final yet but I had everything to show her everything was still being worked out and we had come to an agreement. I rang her doorbell and she answered right away.

I stare at her for a minute, "God you're beautiful."

She smiles, "You look good, Come in."

"Gia you don't know how much I've missed you." I pull her into a hug, "What are you doing with this guy?"

"Wow you just jump right into it huh?" she closes the door, "I figured I'd cook you dinner since you flew all the way here for no reason. Come into the kitchen with me."

I follow her into the kitchen, "I don't know where to start. I know you know how I feel about this." I sit down at the table as she places a plate in front of me. "Thank you. You take care of me well." I smile at her.

"I figured you'd be hungry." She sits down with her plate, "That's all"

I start eating, "What's the deal with this guy? Are you dating him?"

"No Roman, we're not dating." She says.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I ask feeling a little upset.

"I feel like you're cheating on your wife with me. At least if you don't want to be with her you owe her to date after the divorce is final. I care about you Joe and I hate this but it's not right regardless if you guys are separated or not." She says.