Accept It

I left to go back to Florida after the charity event. I got back just in time for Jojo's soccer game. I came straight from the airport so I didn't get to see Galina (thank God) but I did see my JoJo on the field while I was there.

After the game, I went back home and I was able to put Jojo to sleep. Then I went to pack some of my clothes because I was going to be staying in a hotel again.

Drinking a glass of wine and watching me put my things into a suitcase, "So how long are you going to keep this up?" Galina asks.

"I'm not in the mood to argue G." I say trying to ignore her.

"I'm not trying to fight. I'm trying to have a conversation with you right now." She says.

I sit down on the edge of the bed and put my hands over my face "What is there to talk about? I'm tired of talking to you. There's no point in talking, nothing is going to change how I feel or what I want to do."

"About how the last year you've been inconsiderate, inconstant, rude, extremely disrespectful and just an asshole." She says

"I've never been disrespectful towards you other then the time I said fuck you. Here you go again making things up. You need to just face the fact that this is over. I'm not going to keep going back and forth with you about it. I've thought long and hard about this.....So, with that being said I made an appointment to meet with my attorney. I'm filling for a divorce and I'll be moving out." I sit there for a minute waiting for her to respond but she doesn't say anything. So I get up to continue packing.

Galina yells, "No, you can't do this Joe."

I turn back around to face her, "Why not?" I ask getting more frustrated.

"Joe please don't." She tries to hug me but I push her away.

"Galina stop! This is ridiculous." I shake my head in disbelief. "It's over."

"Why don't you want me anymore? I've done everything you've asked me to do. I got my boobs done, I've had my ass and lips done because I know that's what you like. Why are you doing this? Are you cheating on me?" She asks

"No, but to be honest with you, I have met someone but I never cheated on you."

She throws her glass which misses me and hits the wall and shatters, "What do you mean you found someone? She lives in Chicago doesn't she? You're always there."

Shaking my head not being phased by her actions, "I'm not giving you any information. Anyway, I'm moving out next week. I'm going to get a condo downtown."

She looks at me in pure rage, "Fuck that! You're not just going to tell me that shit then brush it off. What do you mean you found somebody? Who is this bitch that's breaking up my marriage?"

Yelling, "Nobody broke up your marriage but you. You broke this shit a year ago when you got too comfortable thinking I'm going to always be around, like I had no other choice. Like I wouldn't leave you because you've been with me since college and before all of this. You decided you wanted going out and act like you wanted to be single. So now you got it and don't forget YOU asked me to get those surgeries done. I didn't ask nor offer to pay for it."

"You weren't complaining when you were benefiting from them."

Yelling louder, "I'm a man, what the fuck do you expect? Aight, I'm out. Once again, fuck you Galina. Now I'm being disrespectful." I walk past her with my bag but she grabs it, "Let go." I say trying to calm myself down.

"Why are you doing this?" She asks.

"If you don't let go of this bag I swear you'll regret it." I say getting more angry.

"What are you going to do, hit me?" She asks.

I say again, "Let go of my bag."

"Hit me." She slaps me in the face.

Talking calmly, "Galina that's the second time you've put your hands on me. Let it go." I snatch my bag out of her hand and she starts hitting my chest, "STOP!" I grab her by the shoulders.

"Daddy what's going on?"

I see Jojo standing in the doorway of her bedroom. I pick her up and take her to my car, "Stay here, I'll be back we're going to go to a hotel okay?"

"Okay." she says.

"Don't let mommy in the car. Keep the doors locked." I go back in the house and grab some clothes for Jojo out of her dresser when Galina came in crying on the phone.

"He's taking my daughter." she says.

I turn around to face her, "You're not in the right mind to take care of my daughter. This drama is unnecessary, you're acting crazy and I don't want her around this. So let whoever your talking to know that maybe I'll come back tomorrow.

"You're not taking her!" she yells.

I snatch the phone from her and see it's my mom on the phone. "Mom, Galina is drunk. Jojo and I are going to a hotel and I'll drop her off tomorrow before I leave for the airport. She doesn't need to be around this." She says ok and we hang up.

Handing her the phone back, "G go sleep it off." I put her clothes in her little bookbag and I walk out of the room but she follows me. I walk down the stairs with her hitting me and going crazy, "You really need help." I walk out the door and leave.

The next morning, we went to lunch then I took her home. We walked in and Galina was sitting on the couch in the living room.

Running to hug Jojo, "I've been so worried about you baby."

"Mommy we didn't do anything." she hugs her and goes up to her room.

Galina stands up, "I can't believe you did that."

"You act like I would put her in danger or something. If anything, you were the one who was dangerous. You drink too much and you need help."

"Who is this woman?" She asks

Getting irritated, "Look, I'm not in any relationship and I've never cheated on you. So you don't have anything to worry about that. Okay? Let it go." I say walking into the kitchen with her following me.

Galina says, "I'm sorry about last night. I'm just hurt and I don't want this marriage to be over."

"Accept it, it's over." I say as I go into the refrigerator to grab a water. "You know you want your freedom. I don't know why you're acting like you don't. When I was telling you to stay home you wouldn't. Now you don't have to hear my mouth. Go out all you want."

"I wasn't saying it like that. I wasn't saying I didn't want to be married anymore." Galina says

My phone starts ringing, "Well soon you won't be." I look and see it's Gia calling. I don't answer, I just silence it.

"Is that her?" She asks.

"You're worried about the wrong things. I can't wait for this to be over so I won't have to deal with you." I take my water and go upstairs to Jojo's room.

"I'm getting ready to leave babygirl." I hug her and she hugs me back.

"Are you going to be gone long?" she asks

"As long as I'm normally gone. I'll be back in a few days." I give her a kiss on her forehead, "I'll call you soon." She nods her head 'okay' then I leave without saying anything else to Galina.