Perfect Distraction

A couple of weeks later, I was on FaceTime with Gia. She was in Chicago and I was in Houston. We were jut having small talk, not really talking about anything important, until she got serious on me.

"I have a question to ask you." She says

"What's up?" I asked.

"There's an event on the 3rd I attend every year. I want to invite you but I understand why you don't want to go or if you can't go."

"Let me check my schedule." I look and see the 3rd is open. "I'll go but can I bring my cousins?"

"Of course." She says.

"Alright cool. I'll let them know. What are you doing?"

"Nothing, just looking at myself in the mirror." She laughs.

"Send me a picture."

A few seconds, later I get this.

"You're gorgeous. Do you know that?" I asked

"Thank you." She says.

"I got to go now Mama but I'll be talking to you soon and I'll definitely be seeing you in Chicago in a few days."

"Alright. I'll talk to you later." She says then hangs up.

A few days pass and we all we're in Chicago for the event Gia invited us to.

We walked in and I immediately saw her but she didn't see me. I didn't want my cousin's to get curious so we walked around for a minute before she spotted us. We sat down at a table as I saw her walking over.

Gia sits down next to me, "Hey when did you guys get here?"

"Just a few minutes ago." I replied.

"Oh okay. Hi guys!" Gia says speaking to my cousins.

Everyone speaks

Jon, Josh and Trinity this is Gia Graham, Gia these are my cousins Josh Jon and his wife Trinity.

"It's nice to meet you guys." Gia says.

Jon asks me, "How do you know her again?"

"She's a friend." I flash him a look that reads 'shut up'.

"Ohhhhh. A friend, okay." Jon says shaking his head.

Gia looks at the door, "Oh my god, why is he here?"

"Who?" I say looking around.

"My ex boyfriend. He isn't supposed to be here. I'll be back."

I stop her by grabbing her arm, "Do you need me to go with you?" I asked.

She smiles, "No, I'm okay love. I'll be back."

I let go of her, "I'll be right here." I watch her get up and she walks over to him. I watch her from my table. They were talking for a minute but it looked like it got heated and she moved it outside.