Anniversary Pt. 2

Later that night, we went to dinner at Ocean Prime. A restaurant I like to go to that's in downtown Tampa. Everything was going well but in the back of my mind I had to tell Gia the news I got earlier from Galina. I didn't want to mess up the evening with it being our anniversary and all but this was too important not to tell her. 

She was sitting across the table looking gorgeous in that dress. "FUCK! I don't want to do this." I thought myself.

I reached across the table and took her hand, "There really isn't an easy way to say this so I'm just going to come out and say it."

She looks at me in concern, "What's wrong babe?"

I take a deep breath, "Galina told me earlier today..... that she's pregnant."

Snatching her hand back, "What the hell do you mean she's pregnant? You've got to be kidding me. You guys have had sex?"

"No....we don't.....Well we did.....once." My head started to get scrambled and I tried to shake it off. I was getting confused and I didn't know what to say.

I exhale in disbelief, "I don't feel I was in my right mind but the night you broke up with me, I came back here and that's when it happened. I was so fucked up in the head Gia. She came down stairs in the middle of the night and I was on the couch.... it was just.... I don't know what I was thinking. I barely remember that night. I know I didn't want to do it. I pushed her off of me, I didn't even cum."

She sits back and folds her arms, "So you're trying to tell me, I broke up with you was the reason why you had sex with her?" 

"No, I'm not saying that but I don't know what I was thinking, I was so hurt. I don't know. Honestly, there's nothing that can excuse what has happened but she IS pregnant. I made her take a pregnancy test today." 

She pushes back from the table, "You know what, just take me back home?"

 Confused, "Home?"

 "Your place Joe. I want to leave." She says

"You don't want to eat?" I already knew the answer to that question but I asked anyway.

"No, are you going to take me or not cuz I can just call an Uber."

"Yeah, we can do that. Go get the car from valet, I'll get all of this. I'll meet you at the car in a minute." She gets up without a word and leaves.

The car ride home was silent for a few minutes then I spoke to break the silence.

Looking over at her, "You know I'm not going to let this come between us."

Looking out of her window on the passenger side, "How can this not come between us? You got your ex wife pregnant and she WILL have this baby. So that's enough to come between us, that's enough to end this relationship.."

I grab her hand, "I swear to you, I'm not going to let any of this effect you. I feel like I just got you back, I'm not going to lose you again over someone who's trying to break us up because I don't want to be with her. I'm not going to let that happen."

Taking her hand back and still looking out the window, "That all sounds good but this is reality and I don't know if I can deal with all of this. I told you, I don't want all of this drama and yes it was cleared up but now we have this. This is too much for me. I don't want to do this anymore."

"Don't do this Gia."

"Do what? You fucked her and got her pregnant. For someone who's supposed to be in love with someone you sure have a funny way of showing it. This relationship is done Joe, done." She says