Vegas

Joe's POV

A few months later, Gia and I have still been going strong. Still texting, calling and FaceTime everyday. I was in Las Vegas, I had just got to my room after a 11am flight from Florida. I picked up my phone and FaceTimed Gia.

"Hey, how was your flight?" She says smiling.

"Long. What are you up to?" I say

"Nothing much just hanging out with my friend, Joffery." She says.

Looking a little irritated, "Who is that? You've never mentioned him before."

"Joffery, he plays for the Chicago Bulls." She moves her phone for me to see him. "Say hi Joffery."

"What's up!" He says laying on her sofa.

I don't say anything to him. "Yeah, I'll let you get back to your friend then." I say clearly upset.

"Joe-" I hang up on her.

A few minutes later, she FaceTimes me back.

"What is the problem? Why'd you hang up?" She says.

Still upset, "I thought I'd give you time with your new friend."

She smiles, "I made him leave so I could talk to you. Joe, are you serious? I didn't think you were the jealous type. He's a friend, that's all." She laughs.

"Just like I'm your friend right?"

"No, not like you. Nobody's like you." She says.

"He plays for the Bulls right? What's his last name?" I ask

"Lauvergne. Why?" She asks

Trying to be an asshole, "I'm gonna look him up." I say as I Google him on my phone. "He's 6'11, 27 years old and from Paris. Plays for the Chicago Bulls traded from OKC in February. Let's look at pictures. No, I don't like him."

"Joseph I don't want him, I want you." She says.

"Prove it."

"How do you want me to prove it?" She asks.

"I'll be here for 2 days, come to Vegas. I really want to be around you right now. I have a lot going on. I miss you and it's been a long time since I've seen you in person."

"Okay, so that's what this attitude is about. I'll look up flights and try to make arrangements. Why didn't you just say you wanted to see me? Where are you staying?" She asks.

Getting in bed, "I'm at The Aria. It's 1pm here, I'm 3 hours behind Tampa and I'm super jet lagged. I'm going to take a nap for a couple of hours let me know what you find."

We get off the phone and I go to sleep for a couple of hours. I woke up around 4pm (Vegas time and 6pm Chicago time) and I immediately called Gia but she didn't answer. So I texted her.

I just woke up. Did you find anything?

I waited to get a response but nothing. So I called, and it went straight to voicemail. I figured I'd give her a few minutes to call back which she always does. While waiting for her, I fall back asleep. A few minutes later, I wake up to my phone ringing.

I answer, "Hello?"

"Are you still sleep? I called hours ago." She says

Looking at my phone, "Huh? What are you talking about? I just called you."

"Um, no you didn't. I've been on a plane for 3 and a half hours." She laughs

I sit up in bed, "What?" I look at the time "Damn it's 8:15. I woke up at 4 and called you but it went to voice mail. I laid down for what I thought was like 20 minutes but I guess I've been sleep for 4 hours."