Meet & Greet

I was in my hotel room, getting ready to go down to the convention center, where a Meet and Greet for Roman Reigns was being held. I took a long, deep breath, and put my hands on my hips. I need to call G before I get too busy.

Just as I reached for my phone, it rang.

"What's up? I was just about to call you before I went down!" I say

"Yeah right!" Galina yells, "Jojo is driving me crazy, asking when you're coming home. I can't keep telling her 'in a couple of days.' She knows what a couple of days are, Joe."

Shaking my head and sighing,"Im not going to argue with you. I have to go meet fans and I don't need this right now."

I hang up the phone and think to myself, My daughter means the world to me, but right now her mother is being unreasonable.

I try to shake it off just as someone knocks on the door. I open the door, and there is a slender woman standing before me.

 I open the door, and there is a slender woman standing before me

"They're ready for you Mr. Reigns."

I smile as I grab my bags, and follow her down the hallway to the elevator.

"By the way, I'm Lisa. I'll be your assistant for the day. Anything you need, just ask and I'll get whatever it is." She smiles.

"Thank you." I say as we enter the elevator.

"How many people are down there?" I ask, watching as she pushes the ground button.

"About 4 thousand. I don't think there will be enough time but we'll figure that out later. If you want more time, it's totally up to you if you want to stay and try to get everyone."

Her phone rings, "Oh, please give me one second." She says as she answers her phone.

I can't help but think about how upset Galina was on the phone. I didn't want to argue with her, but I don't think it was a good idea for me to hang up on her, seeing how my phone has been vibrating in my pocket for the last few minutes.

Galina and I have been having problem for the last year and a half. I've been trying to keep my distance from her but it's hard when there's a child involved. I hate having to be away from Jojo as it is, and when Galina acts up it makes it 10 times harder to go home. I've been dealing with her heavy drinking, and most of the time, I simply don't answer her calls. That's all I can do right now.

The doors to the elevator opens and we walk into a room filled with people from wall to wall. I see all kinds of fans, from all walks of life. They are here to see me, and I cant stand to see people disappointed because I can't stay.