Chapter 42: Step By Step

Start from the beginning

"I need someone to help me... Noct save me from my agony"

Noct didn't know what to do. If it could ease his emotional pain, the only thing that could make him feel protected and closer to him was to become one with him. But he didn't want to do that. Prompto went through a lot that day.

"....hey.... Sweety?....my chocobo bun?....look at me my love" Noct stared at him with a soft smile. If he couldn't fade his fear away, he could only distract him for now.

Prompto slowly revealed his face and looked up at Noct.

".......remember the day we met?" Noct said.

"..." A tear fell down Prompto's face.

"........you faked that you didn't know me, but you did...... and I know the reason why you did that"

"........you know?" Prompto whispered.

"Yeah" Noct inched closer and looked at him close.

"......."

".......you thought I wouldn't be friends with you because of your physical appearance" Noct whispered.

Prompto wiped his tears away and looked away embarrassed.

"I'm I right?" Noct tried to look at Prompto's hidden face.

"....."

"...and?" Noct waited for an answer patiently.

Prompto slowly nodded, ".......I can't lie to you, you know me too well, you can always see right through me"

"Through like glass" Noct smiled and lifted Prompto's chin up to look at his blue eyes in the dark.

"......."

"I bet you disliked the time that you were unhealthy but it took time and effort to achieve the healthy style you have now......."

"What are you trying to say?" Prompto looked at him.

"You don't know how much I wish I could fade these unpleasant feelings away.... But I can't do it in one night..... It will take time... And it will all depend on you......again....with all your effort and mine by your side."

Prompto held onto Noct's hand.

"......let's go see a psychologist... The two of us as a couple..... So we can get through this.... How about it?" Noct offered.

".......what did I do to deserve you?" Prompto reached to Noct's tired but softly warm face and cupped his cheek.

"No... What did 'I' do to deserve you" Noct restated.

"......"

".....I am so sorry for what you had to go through..... It hurts me as much as it hurts you.... I can't forgive myself for leaving you alone..... I should have seen that something was wrong..... please forgive me" Noct buried his face in Prompto's hands and kissed them.

"I don't need to forgive you.... It wasn't your fault.... It was his" Prompto suppressed a sob.

Noct looked up at Prompto and sighed, "who would've thought I'd be head over heels for you. You are the reason I live for all I know of......"

"......"

"...........when the time comes where I make love to you again and give you all my heart, you will no longer feel pain. My scent, my body, my heart..... they'll be yours again. Your heart and mind will remember mines.... and overwrite the bad ones that are right now..... But it's gonna take time... And I'll be patient and wait..... because I love you Prompto.... you are my small chocobo bun... my little cinnamon roll.... My sweetheart, my babe, my everything.... You are my heart and without it... I don't exist. My mind is full of you and I can't stop getting more. I love you Prompto Argentum..... "