Chapter 21 (Back In Black)

Beautiful Disaster

Chapter 21

Back In Black

Dem

My eyes popped open. I couldn't watch anymore. She had married Ethan Avery. Go figure, he did always have a crush on my girl. I shook my head. She was no longer my girl. I had given up any right I had to her the day I made the deal with the demon. It wasn't fair that he got her when I didn't. Hope belonged with me. I knew and she knew it as well. Maybe when I get back to earth I can make her see that.

I spent the two months practicing my abilities, planing, and checking in on the people I loved. Mom and Danny were doing fine. Danny's most recent boyfriend was cheating on her though. I made a mental note to track the jerk down when I got to earth if she was still with him. Mom had started dating again and had met a really nice guy. He wasn't dad, but I knew his feelings for her were true. I tried not to look in on Hope and Ethan as much as I did the others. It hurt too much to watch her settling down with him. She played the role of the doting wife to perfection.

My two months seemed to go by quicker than any of my time here in this place. Zeek had explained while he was training me that it wasn't exactly Hell. Where I was at was more of a holding place for demons the angels had plans for. I was walking down to the waterfall when I heard a familiar popping noise. I instantly felt Zeek's presence beside me.

"Hey Zeek what's up?" I asked without looking at him.

"It's time for you to meet Brian." Zeek replied then snapped his fingers.

I felt as if my body had burst into a million tiny little pieces. I was very disoriented. What felt like an eternity must have lasted only a second. Before I knew what was going on, I was sitting in the front seat of a car and AC/DC's Back In Black was blaring through the radio.

"Nice of you to finally join me." I jerked to my head to the left to see a guy sitting in the drivers seat. Of course there was a guy in the drivers seat. How else would the car be moving?

"Uhm... Yeah. I'm Demetrious. You can call me Dem." I replied.

"Nice to finally meet you, Dem. I'm Brian." He smiled then turned his attention back to the road.

"Where are we going?" I asked curiously. I noticed we were a few towns over from where I used to live.

"Right now, we are headed to your place. Then I am taking you to meet Gemma." Brian answered as he took a left turn. I nodded my head in response.

A few minutes later we pulled up at an apartment complex. Brian and I got out and I followed him up the stairs to apartment 25 B. He let me in and I looked around noticing that the place was actually really nice looking.

"This is nice." I voiced my thoughts.

"Yeah, the fridge is completely stocked, not that you will need to eat as regularly as a human does. There are clothes in your closet. Basically, the apartment is stocked with waterer you need." Brian informed me.

"That's good to know." I stated.

"So, tell me a little about yourself." Brian sat down on the couch and leaned back as if he owned the place.

"I actual use to live two towns over with my mom and baby sister. I had and am still in love with the most beautiful angel on earth. I had the most amazing friends in the world." I told him.

"So why did you make a deal with the demon. They didn't tell me all the details." Brian asked.

"My mom was dying of cancer. They were going to separate Danny and I. They were all I had so I went online and found a summoning spell. I summoned the demon and made the deal. She gave me six years to live. Four years later I met Hope, my soulmate. Before I left, I told her everything." I sighed and sat down in the recliner across from him.

"The usual time limit for a deal with a demon is ten years. Why did she give you six?" Brian questioned confused.

"She said what I was asking for was big and my soul was pure." I explained.

"Ah, they wanted your soul." Brian said as if he just figured something out.

"I wish there was some way I could get through this and be able to stay here. At least then I could convince Hope to divorce that jerk she married and be with me where she belongs." I sighed.

"Wait, so the girl you love is married to someone else now?" Brian asked.

"Yeah, she got married two months ago to a guy we graduated with. The douche had been after ever since she got with me. When he found out I was gone he jumped at the chance to be with her." I explained.

"That sucks. Look, why don't you rest for a while and I'll come back and get you when it's time to go meet Gemma. Oh, and by the way, there's no way to convince Gabriel and the others to let you stay on earth. You might as well learn to deal with the fact the you won't ever be with your girl again. I can't have you unfocused when it comes to training Gemma." Brian suggested.

"Yeah, I understand. See ya later." right then I decided that whatever plan I had formed to get Hope back wouldn't work. Even if I could get her back, once Gemma died they would send me straight to Hell. This time it would be for real. From now on my heart would be closed off. I couldn't have any emotions. I had a job to do.