Chapter 13 (Beautiful Disaster)

Beautiful Disaster

Chapter 13

Beautiful Disaster

Dem

It had been a week since my beautiful Hope ran away from me with tears streaming down her face. The image of her driving away was forever burned into my mind. I called and text her constantly, but she never answered me. I knew she wouldn’t answer. That doesn’t mean I didn’t try. Now, it was too late. I only had one more day left. I sent Mom and Danny away for the weekend. There was no way I was going to let them see me being dragged to Hell. I decided to get up and make the most of my last full day on Earth.

I went to the kitchen and grabbed a bowl to make some cereal. Then I realized I didn’t feel like eating. I didn’t feel like doing anything. I just wanted Hope. I went to the park and climbed up in our tree. I needed to clear my mind and figure out how to tell Hope goodbye. Going to her house was out of the question. She wouldn’t answer my text or calls so there was no use in trying that either. I climbed out of the tree and started to make my way back to my house when I saw a family kicking a soccer ball around. The mom broke away from the game and grabbed her camera and began clicking away. That’s when an idea popped in my head.

I ran the rest of the way home and up the stairs to my room. I started slinging things out of my closet as I searched for what I was looking for. I finally found it in the top of my closet at the very back. I took it out and turned it on to make sure it worked properly. It wasn’t a top of the line video camera, but it worked. I then looked through my closet for the tape to go with it. I finally found one and slipped it into the compartment. I then started to record the message I wanted Hope to see.

I slipped the tape in its sleeve and walked back to the park. I didn’t want to put the tape somewhere Mom or Danny would find it. This tape was meant only for Hope to see. I left Mom and Danny a letter each on their bed. I climbed the tree and placed the tape in the plastic Ziploc bag I had brought in case it rained. I tied it to the branch Hope and I always sat on. I sat there for what seemed like forever but was only an hour and a half in reality.

As I sat on the branch I thought of the past six years. Mom being cured of her cancer and coming home to Danny and I was one of the happiest memories in my life. I loved each of them so much. Mom was my rock. I couldn’t have asked God for a better mother. She was always there for me the way a mother should be and more. I hated to leave her alone with Danny.

Danny, she just turned sixteen. Her rebellious years were just starting. I wouldn’t be here to help Mom keep her in check when she starts to date. Lord knows Mom’s going to need the help. I may have been a calm child, but Danny is the wild one out of the two of us. I just hope Mom finds a good man and settles down with him when I’m gone. She deserves someone good. I send a prayer up asking God to send a good man to look out for my Mom and Danny when I’m gone.

As soon as I touched the knob to the front door my right hand exploded with pain. I looked down to see my scar glowing a bright red. I started to panic. I still had a day left. This was too soon. I doubled over in pain as soon as I walked in the front door. The pain seemed to get worse as I made my way to the living room. The demon sat on the couch filing her blood red nails.

“I still have one day left.” I told her through gritted teeth.

“Sorry, you miscalculated.” She said not taking her eyes away from her nails.

“This can’t be happening,” I cried.

“Well it is.” The demon sighed.

“No! I need more time! I need more time!” I cried.

“Too bad, so sad. Let’s get this show on the road shall we?” The demon got up and made her way to me.

“Five minutes! Please, I just need to call Hope one last time.” I begged.

“Fine. But that’s all you get, five minutes and not a second more starting now.” The demon looked down at her nails again with a bored expression on her face.

I took out my phone and dialed Hope’s number.

“Please answer. Please beautiful. I need you.” I said as tears streamed down my face. With each ring my heart broke a little more. After the fifth ring her answering machine picked up.

“Hope, please if you get this within the next three minutes call me back. It’s time. I just want to see your beautiful face one last time before I go. Please, Hope, there are so many things I want to say to you. The most important of them all is that I-.” The answering machine cut off. I didn’t get to say the last two words.

“Time’s up.” The demon grabbed me by the arm and started to pull me towards the fire place.

“Nooooooooo! Hope!” I screamed.

“Shut up! The stupid whore isn’t coming.” The demon snapped. She dragged me closer to the fireplace as my nails dug into the hardwood floor. I looked behind me to see the fireplace was lit. I turned around and went to close my eyes not wanting to see the end when I heard her voice. It was the voice of an angel. My Angel. My Hope. Her beautiful tear stained face was the last thing I saw before the demon pulled me into the scorching flames and into Hell.

“Demetrious!!!!!” Hope’s sweet voice screaming for me was the last thing I heard.

A/N: I know this is a very short chapter, but it wasn't meant to be long. De'm sgone to Hell. How do you think Danny and his Mom will cope? How will Hope cope?