Chapter 40.2: Rescue

Start from the beginning

They drove slow and Crowe stared at her computer as she watched how close they got. Noctis sat straight in his seat, ready to jump off the car.

"Easy there...don't worry" Drautos held onto Noctis's shoulder while Noctis gritted his teeth.

"Let's stop here....The cabin is just up ahead, around the big bolders. " Crowe said.

The tires stopped. One by one the Jeeps parked behind and beside each other. It was raining hard now and thunder approached

"A storm is approaching" Gladio said as he was offered a kingsglaive jacket from Nyx and so did Ignis.

"We need to see how many people are involved" Ignis observed.

"Standby" Drautos told the Glaives through the Bluetooth.

"We will send our drones and see how many people there are" Crowd said.

"I'll go get them...they're on the other car" Nyx said.

"Hurry" Noctis said.

"Meanwhile we can have our men in position before we approach" Drautos suggested.

"Do whatever you have to do but quickly" Noctis looked at Drautos. Everyone kept quiet as Drautos gave the order.

In a just one minute everyone got off the car to see all the Glaives outside the Jeeps waiting for orders and getting ready for position.

"Drone is ready" Nyx came running towards them

"Good" Gladio said.

"We'll be able to see how many people are outside, or if there is any, and inside the cabin. Meanwhile let's have everyone stand in position behind the bolders that surround it" Crowe suggested.

"You guys heard her, get 20 men in position on the east, west and south side behind the rocks and bolders. And wait for our signal to move in" Nyx said.

All Glaives did as said. There was a small mountain in front of them and in front it, medium size bolders and rocks surrounded the Cabin. It was the perfect place to hide.

Noctis saw everyone run as quiet as they could towards their positions up ahead. They stepped onto puddles and mud but with all the rain, you could barely hear it.

"I'm going with them" Drautos said.

"I need to go too" Noctis said desperately as he watched Drautos join the others.

"No Noct" Gladio grabbed his arm.

"Let go" Noct brushed his arm away.

"You'll go right now. But for your own safety as well, we have to see what the situation is right now" Ignis explained.

Noctis breathed in and exhaled in desperation. They stood behind the Jeep where Crowe looked at the computer for a visual through Aerial Thermal Imaging.