Chapter 166: This Is It.

Start from the beginning

"Will do but one more stipulation.... You can't bring anyone else with you. Just you two. If I even think that you've called for backup I will kill every single one of them."

He hung up and River and I looked at eachother in concern.

"Are they gonna be okay?" Asked Kaiser.

"Yea everyone will be fine." I assured him as River was too worked up to answer.

We dropped the boys off at Elliott's house then headed to the address that Mark had sent, not sure of what to expect.

                              ...

Mara's P.O.V.

"Stop it that's enough!!!!" Cassidy yelled as the men repeatedly kicked and punched Legend and Stormy.

"That's enough?" Asked Mark. "Just wait and see what I'm about to do to your husband and Max. And be glad I'm not letting my men beat the hell out of Roman too. You're lucky you're just a kid." He said to him.

"I'm gonna find a way out of here." Rome replied.

"Oh is that so?"

"Yea. As soon as you let your guard down I'm gonna find a way out of these handcuffs and get all of us out of here."

Mark chuckled then knelt down in front of Rome, suddenly striking him across the face with his fist.

I could tell the punch dazed Rome for a few seconds yet that didn't stop him from being himself.

"Is that all you've got asshole?" He asked.

"Roman stop!" Cassidy demanded.

Then Mark struck him once more.

"STOP!" She pleaded. "HE'S JUST 14!!!!!"

"But he has the mouth of his father." Said Mark. "Maybe he'll learn to shutup now."

"I'll learn to shutup when you learn to not hit like a little bitch." Roman shot back.

"I like you kid." Mark laughed. "You're pretty ballsy to be so young."

He whistled and his men immediately stopped attacking Stormy and Legend.

They grabbed them and threw them back against the wall as they both spat out blood and tried to catch their breaths.

"What was the purpose of that exactly?" Asked Legend, his breathing shallow and faint.

"I don't know. I guess just to piss River off when he gets here. Max on the other hand, he's harder to get to emotionally. Anyhow, Mara, Stormy, I have a question."
I looked at him in pure hatred while Stormy still attempted to maintain consciousness.

"You two are gifted... Way stronger than me and my men put together.... How come you haven't just used your powers to attack us and escape? I know for a fact we wouldnt be able to take you two head on."

"If we were allowed to do that..." Stormy said in between breaths. "You and your men wouldnt have even made it out of the house with us."

"You're not allowed to?"

"No." I replied. "Its against our code. Using our powers against your kind is strictly forbidden because its seen as immoral and unfair to use them towards someone who's weaker.... Unless our lives are on the line."

"Do you not feel as though your lives are on the line?"

"No. I feel threatened but nothing more than that."