89: Little Family pt.2

You woke up the next morning cold. Niall, James and Sarah were no longer in your bed. You could hear the three of them in the kitchen probably making breakfast.

You got out of bed with a huge smile on your face. Excited for the day. You grabbed your robe from the closet and tied it around yourself.

You walked down the stairs quietly and heard Niall say, "Loves, hush. Mum is still sleeping. If we want to surprise her then we have to be quiet."

"Okay daddy." James said.

Sarah must have dropped a fork because she mumbled a, "sorry."

Laughing you entered the kitchen, "good morning."

Your three favourite people turned to face you.

"Mum! Go back to bed!" James frowned.

"We were trying to surprise you." Sarah said.

Niall walked over to you with a smile, "see loves, we were too loud." He wrapped his arms around your waist and kissed you on the lips for the first time in a few weeks.

"Good morning, beautiful." He said to you.

You smiled up at your husband, "good morning." You ran a hand through his hair before approaching your children.

You kissed Sarah and James on their foreheads, "what are we eating?"

"Daddy finished the eggs and pancakes. We were supposed to get your plate ready and bring it up to you." Sarah explained.

The table was already set.

"Well we can all eat now." You smiled.

James ran over to the table, Sarah right behind him. They scooped up eggs and you looked to Niall. He was leaning against the kitchen counter in front of you.

You grabbed his hand, "are you okay?"

He smiled at you, "yes. Harry is coming over later to pick up the kids."

You gave him a teasing look, "why? Are you already sick of them?"

Niall shook his head, "of course not. I love them to bits. I just wanted time with my wife is all." He tugged at the bow you tied to keep your robe closed and together.

You shrugged with a smile, "I suppose what you're thinking isn't that bad of an idea."

He kissed your cheek and led you over to the kitchen table. He pulled your chair out for you and tucked it in when you sat down.

"Thank you."

He lent down to kiss you again.

Sarah laughed, "daddy, you didn't do that for me!"

Niall smiled taking the seat beside Sarah, "what are you talking about? I gave you tons of kisses."

Sarah smiled, a tint of red on her cheeks, "I know. You didn't tuck my chair like what you did with mummy."

Niall touched her hand, "I'll remember to do so next time. How about you buddy?" He looked at James, "I suppose you want me to tuck in your chair too?"

James laughed, "no, but I do want you to paint a picture with me."

You grabbed some pancakes and put them in your plate, drowning them in syrup.

Niall nodded, "I will. Did you get new supplies?"

"No."

Niall's eyes widened, "that reminds me. I'll be right back."