I. Judo&Anemone

I. Judo&Anemone

Remember the twenty first of December.

Why? That was the day my life as it was before would never be the same no matter how much hair dye or make up I wore to detach me from my past.

December 21 2020 was the day the Particle Accelerator went off and changed my life. Not for the worse nor better, but different....very different.

I had a typical life, parts of it were good, some were bad, very bad.

I grew up in Manhattan, New York. My mom, well my mom was something special. Again, not bad, just special. My dad was...well I'd have to know my dad to tell you about him. He left when I was only just a seven year old Hershey drop, I could barely remember his face, it wasn't like my mom ever had pictures of him or ever even talked about that bastard.

Was he tall? Or short like me? My mom was nearly six feet so there's no way I got my height genes from her. I was 5'5 with heels. Oh, I tried heels, oddly enough they just made me look shorter. Don't ask me why.

I remember my small problems, at the time were hard, now if I wanted some of the problems solved I could fix it with ease now, it seemed to be a lifetime ago, not a years. I was a mechanical engineer, spent five years earning my bachelor's degree in engineering from a school accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET). I even passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) examination. Complete at least four years of engineering experience by working for Ted Kord for K.O.R.D industries. All starting at the young age of 17.

I remember how much I dreaded waking up at 5 every morning for the hours and a half drive to Starling City, now Star City. If only long drives were the type of problems I had to deal with.

I worked on building different prototypes and was promoted within months, I was fast, clean, and good with my hands. The pay was good but not good enough, I took a second job there as an IT girl. I was good, my supervisor Janice constantly was begging me to ditch working with the Mechanics and join the computer division. The pay better too surprisingly enough, but I couldn't bare to leave my tools. Plus Janice smelled like wet socks and baby formula. Not a good smell, I can tell you that from months of experience.

Computers and I had a long and dark history, being in front of my vice all day would surely test my stability. It would take a lot to get in front of those babies 24/7.

The night that the Particle Accelerator exploded went I was in K.O.R.D. Industries after hours, whenever I was really into a project it irked me leave without completing a good amount of work in the work day.

I should I have went home.

I was in my office building a Tachyon based energy absorber called the 'Tachyon Assimilator". The company planned to modify the device to absorb crazy amounts of energy in case of a nuke attack to sell to the government. We weren't at war but better safe than sorry.

I was working on the coating of the device but I need a special type of metal to secure the radiation once it was locked in so the radiation could dissolve inside the Tachyon Assimilator.

I needed Magnesium and Rhodium based alloy, it stronger than titanium but as light as aluminum. It was extremely rare and worth a whole lot of money, like I mean if someone had a watch made solely out of Magnesium and Rhodium alloy you'd be looking at 100,000 worth.

I had open access to the room, it was rare that a woman as young as I was had that type of freedom but what could I say? I am good.

I should I just went home.