Day 56: Down in the Dumps

"Beloved, do not be suprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed." - 1 Peter 4:12-13

As I have grown up, I have developed a deeper understand of what it means to be "depressed". Merrian Webster describes depression as being "a serious medical condition in which a person feels very sad, hopeless, and unimportant and often is unable to live in a normal way". To me, depression is waking up every morning with a sense saddness. You look at the life you have and become overwhelmed with thoughts of "is this how it is going to be for the rest of my life?"  There is a big difference between being stressed and being in depression. Stress is usually induced by something. You're stressed about it, the thing passes, and then you feel much better. With depression, the saddness never ceases. I know that some of you are currently suffering with these emotions because I am. I often feel like the joy of life has been sucked away from me! It feels so far from my reach!  You know what I have noticed? God gives His biggest battles to His strongest warriors. Why? He knows that you have a big plan for your life. And what happens when you're destined for God's greatness? The devil gets very unahppy. When the devil gets unhappy, he does everything he can to stop you from fulfilling God's plan. That is why he trains you NOW to withstand those emotions! As we fight through life,  we must arm ourselves with God's word and pray that God will lead us in His direction. Yes, the devil will strike, but that doesn't mean we have to lose. We will be pushed to our breaking point, but we must rejoice! Because we have taken part in Christ's suffering, we will also rejoice in His glory! Imagine that day when we can rejoice that we have fought the good fight and overcame the devil! That day WILL come if you perservere and we will rejoice together. Stay strong my mighty warriors. I will continue to fight on, and I don't want to be alone. An army of God's warriors is much stronger than just one! 

Much love, Katelyn.