Day 41: Complete in Christ

"And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power." Colossians 2:10

"And you are in Him, made full and having come to fullness of life [in Christ you too are filled with the Godhead - Father, Son and Holy Spirit - and reach full spiritual stature]. And He is the Head of all rule and authority [of every angelic principality and power]." Colossians 2:10

I love both of these passages of scripture. They are beautiful reminders that our wonderful Lord and Savior is the one who fills us. Have you ever had a moment in life where you felt like you were lacking something? You were doing everything you felt you were needed for on this earth, yet there was some form of spiritual emptiness in your heart. We are often deceived by what type of emptiness we are feeling. When you feel that emptiness, we seek to discover the root of our emotions. The first place we often search is for acceptance from other people. We think, maybe that is the acceptance I am looking for. More than likely, this assumption is wrong. On days where everything seemed to be going wrong, I would look for others to make me feel better. Of course they help, but what was I suppose to do when I got home? Call and talk until my spiritual emptiness was filled? I quickly discovered that was not the  loneliness I was feeling. Jesus Christ was lacking. I needed something to make me complete every second of every day. Jesus is only one person I can have that kind of relationship with. Now when bad days strike, I immediately know my Jesus tank is running low. My next step to take is always prayer. The assurance that I can be complete in Christ with His helping hand is always enought to reenergize my heart. He will give you joy, peace, and fulfillment when we seek His face. That thing your lacking? Yeah, its your Best Friend and Father! Open your eyes!

-Katelyn

Daily Devotional: Closer to God Every Dayजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें