Day 35: The Courage to Say No

No. 

This is one of the hardest things for me to tell someone. When they ask for a favor that I know will burden me, request I participate in an event that I know will flood my schedule, or even help someone on an issue I don't completely agree with, I have the hardest time saying no. Even when I have a justified reason to say that word, I still just can't get them out of my mouth with confidence! This annoys me out of my mind. Luckily, the Bible addresses this. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. - John 10:10. The devil wants us to feel overwhelmed, stressed, and anxious every hour of every day. When the opportunity comes where we can overwhelm ourselves more, he pushes us to do it. He loves it when we say yes to something we should be saying no to. Sometimes it can be hard to know when we should be saying "no" to something. That is when you pray about it. Ask God to show you when the right time is to reject a request. I have complete confidence that He will show you the answer. If you do feel led to say, "yes", do not forget Ephesians 4:29, "Let no corrupt talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear." If you say yes, you are in. The next step is to do everyting in your power to help them in a Godly way. 

I have been working on the overall aspect of saying "no". God has showed me signs that I need to slow down and enjoy life. If this means saying no more often, I am all for it. You should be to! If you know it is not producing good fruit, drop it. Have the courage to say no.

-Katelyn