Day 38: "Just Trust Me"

How many times have you hard this? "Fall back into my arms. Trust that I will catch you." Most of the time, it is a dear friend. With that, you confidently fall back into their arms. If they wanted to, they had the power to let you drop to the floor in pain. Instead, they mustered up their strength and protected you from hurtin yourself. Now, think about a boyfriend or girlfriend. When you really start to develop a relationship with them, you believe anything they tell you. I love you. You're beautiful. I would never hurt you. You believe each word until they break their promise. Ouch. Or, take for example, everday trusts. Faith that that car won't veer into your lane, faith that your doctor will give you the right diagnosis, or faith that the meteorologist's forecast prediction was actually right. Why do we so confidently put our trust in humans, yet we lack trust in our incredible God?

I ask this because I do this. I can always rely on a friend to carry out my desires because I know them well enough to trust them. Shouldn't this be the same for my Savior? He knows my inmost being. He knows every word I have spoken, how many breaths I have made, and how many steps I have walked with Him. He knows me more than any human will ever know me. God constantly requests that we just trust Him. If He has confidence to tell us this, then we should trust His word. He never forgets, and He never fails to come through. Remember Psalm 9:10, "And those who know Your name will put their trust in You, For You, O LORD, have not foresaken those who seek You." Exercise those trust muscles! It won't be easy, but the more we have confidence that He will provide and come through, the easier it will be to go headfirst into God's plan for our lives. So, just trust Him. You won't be disappointed.

-Katelyn