An Unexpected Surprise - Part 2

Start from the beginning

"I don't know. She just showed up with in tears and her bags. Scott, she seems like she might be in trouble," Melissa's voice was filled with worry as she sat on the edge of her son's bed.

Scott let out a deep frustrated sigh as he ran his hand over his face, wondering how this night could get any worse after his mom literally brought him back to life on a Super Moon.

"What the hell is wrong with my betas tonight?" Scott asked more to himself instead of his mom. "First Liam and now Y/N."

"Liam?" Melissa's eyebrows furrowed together. "I thought you said it was Theo who did this to you?"

"Theo just finished what Liam started," Scott explained.

"What did Liam start?" Y/N asked when she reached Scott's open doorframe. At first, Y/N was sad as she overheard their conversation about her, but it was immediately replaced with concern and somewhat anger knowing Liam probably did something stupid.

Y/N gasped when she finally realized Scott was lying in bed with a huge piece of gauze taped across his chest and stomach area. Y/N rushed to his bedside, "what the hell happened?!"

"Liam and Theo happened," Melissa said with so much anger and hate. She looked down at her son, who looked completely weak. "By the way, those two are never allowed in this house again."

"Mom-"

"Don't, Scott. I mean it," she said sternly with her arms crossed tightly to her chest with glassy eyes.

"You don't have to worry about them. I don't think I could forgive Theo for what he did. I shouldn't have trusted him in the first place," Scott said sadly. "As for Liam, I don't know...."

"Scott... what happened?" Y/N asked, too scared to know the answer.

He sighed before he spoke. "Hayden was dying and Liam got mad. With the Super Moon, he was out of control-"

"He killed him," Melissa interrupted.

Y/N's eyes widened and her jaw dropped as she gasped. Scott immediately shook his head. "Not exactly. Liam was upset about me not helping Hayden, because she was getting worse. So he took it out on me. I think he believed if he killed me, he would become an alpha and he could save Hayden with the bite, but I couldn't stop him. He had taken too much outta me. Liam only stopped when Mason came in and said Hayden didn't make it. Theo came in and finished what he started. If it hadn't been for mom not giving up on me, I wouldn't be here right now," Scott finished. Melissa grabbed and held on to her son's hand, silently thanking God her son was still alive.

Tears fell down Y/N's cheeks as Scott explained what happened tonight. She was absolutely horrified that Liam, who was just a precious puppy, would do such a horrible thing for a girl. Even though she had her reasons why she hadn't been around lately, a part of her felt extremely guilty she wasn't there for Scott tonight, especially since the pack had been drifting apart since Theo came into town. Everything made sense now as to why he was suddenly so eager to join Scott's pack.

"Hey, I'm okay," Scott reached for her hand with his free one. "It might take a while, but I'm going to fix it with everyone. We're going to be a pack again, because with The Dread Doctors still out there, we need each other to save everyone, okay?"

"That's the least of my problems right now," Y/N said between sniffles as she tightened her grip on Scott.

"Y/N, what happened?" Scott asked. Him and Melissa watched her carefully as she just stared down at their locked hands.

"My parents kicked me out of the house," her voice cracked as she spoke.

"What? Why?" Melissa asked.