"You've never been too busy to talk to me." She yells.

"Galina first, keep your voice down. Second, if you didn't fight with me everytime we spoke, maybe I would call you. You must have a little vodka in that coffee mug, you seem to have balls today. All you do is find things to argue about, you should stop drinking. It's something different everyday with you. Why don't you find a hobby. Instead of sitting around all day worried about me and what I'm doing."

Galina walks over and slaps me on the face, "Fuck you Joe!"

I stand up, "Fuck me? The only reason I'm here right now is because of my daughter. Please understand that. I'm going upstairs to put Jojo to sleep. I'll sleep downstairs. After tonight, don't talk to me. Fuck you Galina." I walk pass her and go upstairs to put Jojo to sleep then I come back down to sleep on the couch.

" I walk pass her and go upstairs to put Jojo to sleep then I come back down to sleep on the couch

The next day, I wake up early to take Jojo to school. When I got back home, Galina was in the kitchen drinking a cup of coffee.

I peek my head in, "I'm going to pack some things. I'm going to stay at a hotel."

She turns around, "Really, a hotel?"

"Yes, we've been at this for almost a year. I'm sick of it. I know you are too. Why are you holding on to this? It's not working." I say

"We've been together for so long-"

I cut her off, "That's the problem. We have been together for too long and this relationship has run its course."

"Joe, I don't want to separate. We can get through this. I'm sorry, I'll do better."

"I'm not so sure about that." I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket and I take it out to check it.

Text from Gia:

Hey! How's your day?

"I'm not just going to let you do this. We're married you can't just give up." She says.

I read the text, then turn my phone off and put it back in my pocket. I look up at Galina and I say, trying to hurt her feelings, "I'm not just giving up, its been a year since we've had a civilized conversation. I'm not fucking you anymore. You're actually the last person I want to talk to or see. I don't even want to be talking to you right now. It's not working, face it and when I leave tomorrow, don't call me 30 times back to back. if I don't answer, that means I'm busy or I simply don't want to talk to you."

Sounding heartbroken, "You're being extremely mean right now and I don't appreciate it. You can't just leave. What about your reputation?"

"Fuck that! I'm not going to be unhappy because people want us together. I'm done."

I go upstairs get my things and leave to go to a hotel. On the drive over, I call Gia.

She answers, "Hello?"

Trying to hide the anger in my voice, "Hey Gia!"

"Roman! I'm happy to hear from you. I texted you. How is everything going?" She says