S9. Happy Birthday Tooru!

Misaki POV
(Tooru's apartment)

"I hope he'll enjoy this..." I mumble to myself as I decorate the inside of his apartment for his birthday.

Today is July 20. It may seem just any other day but it really isn't, it's Tooru's birthday and I almost forgot it with everything going.

I sigh. I hope he'll enjoy his birthday surprise I'm setting up. Yet I know that it can never be as good as Tooru's. Even though my birthday was on February 27th, I heard Tooru started planning my surprise birthday party since the beginning of February.

What an amazing boyfriend, I'm so lucky to have him.

I'm just thankful that Iwaizumi happen to remind me two days before his birthday or else I would've forgotten. Iwaizumi is such a supportive friend.

I think back to when we were kids, Iwaizumi and I would celebrate Tooru's birthday together every year. I still remember Tooru trying to show off how cool he was because he was older than me by only three months.

I chuckle thinking back to the old days. I never understood why he did that, but Tooru is just the type of guy who hates to lose I guess.

Even today Tooru was anxiously waiting for me to tell him Happy Birthday and I didn't say anything for a while just to tease him for a bit but I think he was about to go into a depression if I didn't tell him so at the end I said him happy birthday which made him the happiest person on earth.

I readjust the banner and I go down the ladder. I look up and smile to myself as I see the banner that I hung perfectly.

I admit I know it's Tooru's birthday, but I'm excited for today. This is the first time that we're going to celebrate his birthday as a newly wed couple.

It's sort of embarrassing to say this, but Tooru and I never get time to ourselves so just for today I want to celebrate his birthday with just the two of us.

This is his birthday after all so I want to do something special for him so I decided to make a surprise for him.

I didn't tell Tooru anything because I wanted to keep everything a secret. I just told him a simple happy birthday and left early from the party with everyone much to his disappointment but when he sees all of this I'm sure he'll love it.

Ring Ring Ring

My cellphone rings and I see it's a message from Iwaizumi.

<Misaki. He just left the party. He'll probably be back at his apartment so make sure you give that Trashykawa a good surprise>

I grin. I hope so! I rely back thanking Iwaizumi for everything. After all he's the one to set up the party with the team to help distract him for me. Without Iwaizumi I wouldn't be able to this.

Ring Ring Ring

My cellphone rings and I get a call from Tooru.

"Hello?" I answer and I could hear Tooru's chirpy voice.

"Misa-Chan! I know you left early but if you have some time do you want to hang out on my special day? Tooru happily asks me over the phone.