55. Mad Dog-Chan

Misaki POV
(A few days later - in the gym)

"I'm sorry that I hid the truth from you all," I apologize and bow my head down in front of my entire team.

When I came back from Tokyo, I decided that I didn't want to keep any secrets from my team. I waited till things started to cool down after I came back before I would tell everyone in the team the truth.

It didn't take long though and today I decided to tell the girls everything about my past. What happened to me in the past, the reason why I came here, my knee's current condition and what might happen to me in the future.

After I finish talking, all the girls stand there in shock except for Mihane, who already knew.

The gym stays practically dead silent until Yui steps forward.

"Silly," Yui says with a goofy grin and pats me on the back. "I was surprised at first but it doesn't change anything. No matter what you're still our teammate and we will always back you up whenever you need it."

Haruhi chuckles and wraps her arm around my neck. "If our team was just based on you, then we wouldn't be where we are today. We're all strong individually but also together. So just do your best to help us and we will do our best to help you."

"Haruhi is right," Akari smiles. "You're amazing Misaki-san and after hearing your story, I only want to be a better spiker for you."

"Thanks everyone," I sincerely thank them and Mihane suddenly steps up.

"Misaki," Mihane calls me out and puts her hands on her hips. "With my full intense training from Ayaka and Iwaizumi, I was able to get Yui's approval to be the official pillar of support so..." Mihane clears her voice, "as libero, I will not our team's foundation fall apart that easily and..." Mihane points at me.

"I will not let you carry that heavy burden on your own. I will make sure that you'll depend on me." Mihane confidently states.

I lightly laugh. I remember the first time that I met her, she declared something to me as well. Mihane hasn't changed one bit except that she now has a stronger resolve as a volleyball player.

Ino raises her hand.

"Yes Ino?" Yui asks confused to see Ino raise her hand.

"Mihane is trying to be cool yet again and is hogging all the limelight just so she could show off to Misaki how she's finally the official libero for the team." Ino bluntly comments and a vein pops on Mihane's head.

"That's not true!" Mihane argues. "I just wanted Misaki to know that I'm the official Libero now!"

Riko comes over and lightly flicks Mihane's forehead. "It's impossible to calm you down huh?" She says and sighs. "Mihane. You really are your own unique kind aren't you?"

I blurt out the first thing I think of. "Like an alien," I add.

"Eh?" Mihane blurts out surprised not knowing what to say. "An alien???" She repeats in disbelief.

Everyone in the team blinks surprised by my words and then burst out laughing. "Hahahaha!"

Mihane blushes in embarrassment. "Is that supposed to be funny?! I'm not an alien. I'm human!" Mihane shouts then starts barking like a little chihuahua.