19. Building Bonds

Third Person POV
(The Next Day)

The captain of the girl's volleyball team stares at Iwaizumi, Mihane, Oikawa, and Misaki, with a slight frown on her face noticing the strange vibes they're all giving out. She couldn't figure out why they were all avoiding each other in this kind of manner, it wasn't like she was a part of the mess, but it's been affecting the way practice is suppose to be going so of course she's curious about what happening.

"Hmmm.. Yui what are you thinking about?" Her boyfriend, Hanamaki, playfully wraps his arms around her and she sighs.

"Don't ask me, your teammates are being weird as well," she states.

"Oh the drama~" he sings. "They're figure out what to do. I'm not worried about them, you're overthinking it."

"Are you sure?" Yui mumbles not sure about the current situation.

Iwaizumi and Misaki could barely get through instructing their warm-ups with their sudden lack of communication. Oikawa keeps taking glances over there instead of helping her teach the group they're in charge of and Mihane isn't loud like she usually is today.

As captain she wants to help, but  what could she do?

Hanamaki suddenly kisses her on the cheek and Yui's cheeks flush bright red in embarrassment.

"Why did you do that?!" Yui stammers and Hanamaki chuckles.

"You shouldn't be thinking of other boys when you're with me," he coos resting his head on her shoulder. 

"HANAMAKI! STOP FLIRTING WITH YUI UNLESS YOU WANT TO BECOME ANOTHER SHITTY-KAWA!!!" Iwaizumi yells and throws a volleyball at Hanamaki.

Hanamaki dodges the volleyball and shrugs. "Nice throw Iwaizumi, but you missed," he gives a thumbs up angering Iwaizumi. He turn to Yui with a small smile on his face. "Don't worry Yui with Iwaizumi like this I'm sure it's nothing too big." He reassures and gently messes with her hair.

"I guess," she mumbles and continues volleyball practice.

~~~~~~~

(During Lunch time)

Iwaizumi couldn't get any sleep last night and he's been nervous around Misaki the entire morning. He never confessed to a girl before so for him this is just a new field of expertise. Oikawa tends to get confessions, but how can he remain so calm?! Maybe it's because confessing and be confessed to are two different things. Either way, he hates this anxiety he's been feeling.

Why is he feeling so anxious right now?

The reason for this is because he told Misaki that he'll wait Misaki's feelings, but Misaki told him to meet at the back of the training camp after lunch and now here they are.

He can't even imagine what Misaki's thoughts are since she can easily keep her emotions inside of her so it could either be good or bad news.

The two friends look at each other and Iwaizumi could hardly breath the air around him. He's nervous like hell and now he's starting to understand how Oikawa's fangirls feel when they're about to hear Oikawa's answer to their confession.