6. Vice-Captain?

Misaki POV
(After class)

"Misa-chan~ do you want to walk with us to the volleyball gym?" Oikawa asks with Iwaizumi right next to him. It has only been here for a few days of school and Oikawa and Iwaizumi are the only people that I really made friends with. Not that I hate them  being around me, it's just the opposite. They treat me the same as they did in the past... It makes me happy that they don't see me differently like as a model or a volleyball star, they see me as just Misaki Hoshina, their childhood friend. Mostly after going to the sunflower fields with them on the weekend, it feels like I never left them for those two years of my life.

I pack my things and get ready to go with them, but Yui runs over and stops me. "Iwaizumi and Oikawa go ahead without her. We're going to have some girl talk," Yui shouts and I hear mumbles between the two of them as they force a smile on their face.

"Sure Yui. We'll leave you with Misaki/Misa-chan," They say together with a twitch on their smiles and leave us to go to the volleyball gym. Yui slaps both of her hands as if she finished cleaning a dirty mess and turns her full on attention to me.

She quickly bows down all the way to her knees with her head on the floor. "Misaki, can you please be the Vice Captain for the girls volleyball team?" Yui asks me. I just stare at her not understanding the situation. It has only been a few days of school and now she's asking me to be vice-captain... I didn't even know whether or not I made it for the tryouts. Actually I haven't heard any news about me or volleyball at all.

I kneel down and poke her. "Yui you can get up," I tell her. She stands up and pats the first off her clothes. I clear my throat to give her my response. "Um. Yui. I haven't been here in this school for all my years so I don't think that it's fair to the other 3rd years that I become vice captain, " I timidly say. She stops cleaning herself and explodes as she grabs both of my shoulders.

"No it's okay! I already talked to all the girls in team and we want you as the vice-captain! Please!!!" She shakes my shoulders back and forth as I try to keep my balance. I know that by becoming the Vice captain it can end up being a disadvantage for me because I would have to attend every practice... My knee would have to suffer everyday...But if I want to be closer to volleyball and my dream, then this is just one of those chances that I can't let slide.

"I guess... I guess I can be the vice-captain for this team," I answer and Yui's eyes sparkle in pure joy and she grabs my arm again. I jump back startled by her sudden outburst, but she takes no hint to this.

"You won't believe how the team will react when they hear that you'll become the vice-captain for the team," she grins and pulls me along towards the volleyball gym. Well saying pulling is not what really happened, it was more like dragging me as fast as a lightning bolt.

(In the volleyball gym)

Yui brings the girls together to the center court on the right side of the gym. "Girls gather up, these are the four new joining members for the team this year. Misaki Hoshina, Mihane Iwasaki, Ino Sanada, and Riko Nanahoshi." Yui introduces us four to the entire team. "Along with these new members, I would like to say that Misaki Hoshina is going to be the vice-captain for this team," Yui happily says.

"Please take care of us!" The girls on team shouts with a bow.

"Please take care of me too," I give a small bow down in response just to receive a stare from a girl with blondish hair. Her frame is really small, but from the way she looks, she seems like the type to have a nice stamina... But why is she looking at me with such curiosity? I never spoke to her before.