23. Realization

Misaki POV
(End of Volleyball Practice - Few more days till Inter-high Preliminaries)

Just a few more days till the Inter-high Preliminaries. Throughout the entire volleyball practice, I've been doing my jump serves and each girl would receive my serves. We also done some practice matches to prepare ourselves for the teams out there. Spikes, receives, serves, and tosses. You name it, I've done it.

I've been practicing a lot for the past few days, but I really should give myself a break or else.... I just can't push myself too much.

"Yui, can I leave early from volleyball practice for the next few days?" I ask and Yui tilts her head.

"Sure, but what are you going to do?" Yui asks surprised by my question and I purse my lips.

"... Never mind it's nothing," I answer hiding the truth from her.

I can't tell her about my knee nor am I going to lie to her. That's not right.

"Okay then?" Yui responds back slightly confused.

It's not just that, but I can't let my condition stop myself from practicing. All the other players are practicing and if they see me leaving practice it would look like I'm a terrible example. I need to endure it.

"Misaki are you doing anything today?" Yui asks and I nod my head.

"I'm going to watch the movie Return of the Zantium with Oikawa," I answer.

"Return of the Zantium?" Yui repeats. "Is that an alien movie?" Yui questions and my eyes sparkle.

"It's a part of the Greys series that I have been watching with Oikawa ever since I was little. It's about this alien who goes on adventures to the other planets to save the universe from the evil ruler," I happily tell her and Yui sweatdrops.

<She's an alien nerd too! But she's so seems so normal!!! Oikawa, Misaki! Why are all the good looking people the weird ones!> Yui thinks to herself.

Mihane's ear grows big hearing the conversation with Yui and I. She immediately sprints to my side and grabs my shoulders. "You're watching Return of the Zantium with Oikawa alone? Do you know how bad it is to be alone with a boy?!" Mihane loudly asks me.

"What's wrong with that? We used to do that all the time when we were younger," I answer thinking about the little happy Oikawa dork that I remember as a kid excitedly watching the alien shows with me.

Oikawa hasn't changed in any way either. He still likes aliens. Besides why is she the one who's overreacting?

Mihane's eyes widen. "You're a dense girl! He might attack you!" She shouts.

"Attack?" I question and Yui glares at Mihane.

"Mihane. Voice please," Yui sternly scolds and Mihane clears her throat.

"Sorry, but she doesn't even realize that it's not safe to be alone with Oikawa. Where are you watching the movie at?" Mihane asks.

"His room?" I answer and Mihane facepalms herself.

"This girl is hopeless. Is she really suppose to be older than me?" Mihane shakes her head in disappointment.