27. Success and Difficulties

Oikawa POV
(Aobajousai High Boys Volleyball changing room)

I happily hum to myself as I put my things away. Today we got through the first round of the Inter-high Preliminaries and tomorrow will be the second day.

Our first opponent for tomorrow will be Karasuno and I'll be up against my "favorite" kouhai, Tobio-chan.

I put the CD of Karasuno's plays that Mihane recorded for me into my bag and the CD immediately catches Iwaizumi's gaze.

"Hey make sure you don't stay up all night," Iwaizumi tells me as he packs his things away.

I smile seeing how worried my best friend is. "Iwa-chan, are you my mom?" I joking say and Iwaizumi glares at me.

"What?" Iwaizumi questions in a scary tone and I flinch.

Eeekkk!!! That definitely backfired!

I clap my hands together. "Sorry, sorry, sorry! I'm promise I won't!" I blurt out apologizing to him. "I promise I'll arrive in top condition!"

"Stop being stupid Crappykawa," Iwaizumi says as he finishes packing. "I'm shutting the club room doors so get out of here Trashykawa,"

"Don't shorten the insults!" I cry out.

"Trashy Oikawa," Iwaizumi says and steps out of the room. My mouth drops.

"You don't have to rephrase it!" I cry out again and catch up to Iwaizumi then grab onto his shoulders so I wouldn't be locked in.

"Shittykawa what are you doing?!" Iwaizumi angrily yells.

"Don't lock me in Iwa-chan! You're my friend right?! Why do you have to be so mea---" I childishly cry out, but I'm interrupted by someone who stands there with a surprised look on her face.

"Oikawa, Iwaizumi? What are you two doing here? It's pretty late," Misaki states with her eyes slightly widening seeing the two of us here and we freeze.

The two of us blankly stare at Misaki and Iwaizumi violently moves my hands off his shoulders.

I sweatdrop.

How long was there???

"Misaki what are you doing this late?" Iwaizumi asks and Misaki rubs her chin as she thinks of an answer then smiles.

"I could ask you two the same. What are you two doing together this late?" Misaki innocently asks us. "Shouldn't the two of you be home? Unless I'm interrupting something then I should go ahead."

My mouth drops. Does she really have the wrong idea??? I'm not like that with Iwaizumi at all!

I glance over to Iwaizumi and see the horrified look on his face.

I sweatdrop. Iwaizumi is taking it a little too seriously. I'm sure Misaki is just joking with us... I hope she is.

...

I should seriously clear up this huge misunderstanding!

"Misa-chan. It's not like that at all. We were just-" I stammer and Misaki giggles.