52. Uplifting Spirit

Misaki POV
(Next Day - At Fukurodani Academy)

I stand in front of the Fukurodani Academy's gym. Apparently there's a training camp going on so there are other schools here as well. I guess when it came to practice, I came at the perfect time. I take in a deep breath and exhale out.

Coming back here... I want to come back to my starting roots to how I found my purpose to playing volleyball again after the accident. I learned to play volleyball for my team and to keep my promise to Tooru, but it's empty if I don't remember the true meaning within that reasoning.

I open the doors of the gym and find everyone playing volleyball. I look around to find Fukurodani's team and once I find Bokuto, he notices me and starts waving his hands in joy.

"Hey Hey it's Misaki everyone!" Bokuto shouts and everyone looks at me surprised.

"Misaki!" The entire Fukurodani boys and girls volleyball team shout as they come over. 

"Heh? The New Queen of volleyball is back," Kuroo mumbles glancing over to the commotion and Kenma nods his head then get back to the practice match they're playing against Shinzen High.

"It's Misaki-chan!" Konoha and Komi cheer and melt after seeing me.

"Long time no see," I smile and all the girls start to tackle me.

"We miss you!" Kata, the vice captain of their girls volleyball team, says she give me a big hug me.

"Sorry for leaving suddenly, did you find someone to take my position as captain?" I ask and Kata nods her head.

"Yep!" Kata grins. "She's like the complete opposite of you though."

"But how's Aobajousai?? Are there any good looking guys?" Minako asks me and I laugh.

"I guess," I answer and Mai shoots her head up.

"Wait do you like someone? After all you went all the way to Aobajousai because of your childhood friends right? Which one do you like? Which one?" Mai asks me and I blush.

"Ummm...." I try to cover my cheeks and all the girls giggle seeing me embarrassed.

"No!!!! Misaki is taken?!" Konoha and Komi shout in shock and turn to stone. Bokuto happily pats them on the back just excited to see me again.

"Oh her story is like a Shoujo manga," a girl that I don't recognize comments and Mai grins.

"Hahaha you're right Airi," Mai agrees with her and snaps her fingers. "Oh Misaki you don't know any of the first years or Haruka. You guys need to introduce yourselves."

"I'm Airi. First year," Airi introduces with a friendly smile.

"Chika. First year," Chika quietly introduces herself.

"Emiko. First year. Nice to meet you," Emiko greets with a silly grin.

I turn to black hair girl who just staring at me with sparkly eyes. "Um...." I mumble slightly uncomfortable.

Who is she?

Kata hits her on the head. "Haruka you need to properly introduce yourself. You are looking at the previous captain of Fukurodani Academy's girls volleyball team."