S7. Proposal

~ Everlasting Promise ~

True love stands by each other's side on good days and even stand closer on bad days

Oikawa POV
(At night~)

I park the car and I could feel my hands start to nervously shake. I tighten my hands into a fist to ease the nerves.

Today I invited Misaki out on a regular date for her birthday. Or at least that's what Misaki thinks ... because there's one important thing about today and that it's not just a date for Misaki's birthday.

The two of us went out for the whole day and now we're at the flower field that the we used to always go to when we were kids to play.

It's the same place that Misaki, Iwaizumi, and I went back to after Misaki moved back here and it's also the place that I went to with Misaki before her knee surgery.

And now... I nervously walk along side Misaki as we head to the flower field.

My hand anxiously fiddles around with the small red velvet box in my pocket and today I want to propose to her.

Before proposing, I wanted to let everything in our lives adjust. Misaki and I have graduated from Tokyo University a couple of months ago.

Misaki has also gotten better with her knee and now she's starting to use it like how she did before. It will never be perfect but it is definitely much better than it was in the past. Seeing her happy to be able to move like before makes me happy.

But right now I gulp. Not exactly feeling happy rather out of whack. I could feel my palms starting to sweat. I thought about how to propose to her a thousand of times and I've been reciting my proposal in the bathroom whenever I get the chance.

I didn't want to make the proposal flashy but instead a memorable proposal that the two of us could never forget, so I wanted to go to place that it all started. The flower field.

"Tooru the night sky is beautiful today isn't it?" Misaki grins and I blush.

"It is..." I mumble as I look at Misaki's smile towards the night sky.

Rather than the night sky that's beautiful, you're the one who's beautiful Misaki.

Time has passed by so quickly ever since the first time we met. We were only neighborhood kids that followed each other as friends and later on became volleyball and alien loving dorks but now... we're a couple. Even though we been dating for about 4 to 5 years. It doesn't feel like it at all.

"Misa-chan... I know today's your birthday but..." I choke out from my nerves. "Ummm never mind haha you know what lets go alien watching," I blurt out awkwardly scratch my neck and Misaki giggles.

"Alien watching," Misaki reminiscences. "The two of us would always come here at night to watch the stars and watch for any paranormal activity taking place," Misaki says with a smile. "While during the day, the three of us would play volleyball together here, but I admit the two of us were always together weren't we? Especially you Tooru, you really loved to play volleyball because you always would ask me to play with you."

"Pfft," I laugh. "I do love volleyball but you know what I love more. You Misa-chan," I tell her as I wrap my arms around her and put my head on top of hers.