9. Not A Princess

Misaki POV
(In the school infirmary)

"Misa-chan... You can put me down," Oikawa says with a pale face as we reached the infirmary room. I shake my head as I keep holding him all the way until I reach the bed to put him down. I can't believe this idiot worsen his injury because of me. I could have taken care of myself... Why did he have to go his way to protect me...

I take a glance at Oikawa who's rubbing his ankle injury. "Let me help," I tell him as I get the bandages from the cabinet. I put my left knee on the ground and force my right knee to bend making twinge in the sharp pain.

"Is something wrong?" Oikawa asks me and I shake my head.

"N-Nothing is wrong," I try to avoid getting into that topic by taking ahold of his ankle and wrapping the bandages around as firmly as possibly can to immobilize any serious movement from his ankle. I tighten the bandages on his ankle and notice knee supporter he's wearing on his right knee.

"Hm Oikawa do you wear a knee supporter?" I ask him while tightening the bandages once again. He winces in pain. "Are you okay?!" I ask him again, but he puts it off with his usual smile. "This little sprain is nothing," he chuckles, "I'll always play volleyball even if I have struggles like this, after all you still remember our promise as kids to become the best setters together," he says with a thumbs up and a goofy grin that makes me think of young Oikawa from the past. "I don't ever want to let you down Misa-chan~."

"That's right... The promise we made together," the tips of my lips curve up from hearing the memories that will forever stay in my heart. I drown in my own thoughts as I think about his words. The way he talks about playing volleyball no matter the injuries he has... I don't ever want Oikawa to end up like me, trying to be the best, but constantly reminded that being the top is something I can never reach for. Im my case, the burden of a knee. I believe in the promise that we made and it always motivates me to play volleyball no matter how much my knee wants to give in. Yet in the back of my mind, I'm always doubting that promise that we made... can we be the best setters together in our last year of high school or will I be the first to break to pieces?

Oikawa takes notice of my worrisome look that appears on my face and pats me on the head, "Don't worry about me Misa-chan, you should worry about yourself," he flicks his wrist back and forth with a smile. "You're over exaggerating this injury. It is painful, but I'm okay. I can still be the setter for the team." Oikawa pats me on the head like a parent soothing a child. Just that gesture makes my heart settle down from all the anxiety of his injury. I miss this feeling. It's something I lost ever since the accident that I lost my parents from... what is this feeling?

Oikawa face turns suddenly serious as he looks at me squarely in the eye, "Misa-chan I--" Oikawa tries to say something, but he's interrupted as the door loudly slams open surprising both me and Oikawa.

"Misaki-senpai and Oikawa-senpai! Are you two okay?!" Mihane shouts tackling me and Iwaizumi walks in behind her. He takes a glance at Oikawa and bursts out laughing.

"I can't look at you with a straight face," Iwaizumi holds his stomach as he laughs with no intention to stop.

"Iwa-chan!? Why are you laughing at me?!" Oikawa questions in shock and Iwaizumi takes some deeps breaths to calm himself down to speak.

"Oikawa, you really are a princess~" Iwaizumi says completely amused of the idea as he shows Oikawa and me a picture of when I was carrying Oikawa to the infirmary room. "This is going to become my new wallpaper on my cellphone," he wipes the tears off his face.