32. Development

Misaki POV
(Next Day ~ After school)

After Oikawa came over to my house yesterday, I made a decision to come back to school. If Oikawa was worried about me then Iwaizumi and the entire girls volleyball team were probably worried about me.

And I was right.

When I went to class today, Iwaizumi was so relieved to see me again. He didn't ask me why I was absent, but he was just glad that I came to school today.

I'm glad to be back in school too. My knee has gotten a lot better after these couple of days and I'm no longer  depressed about my loss to Niiyama Joshi anymore. Thanks to Oikawa I realized that it's okay to lose a match. I just need move on and practice for the upcoming Spring High Preliminaries.

You're not alone. I will always be by your side to support you.

My mind falls back to Oikawa and my cheeks flush remembering his words.

Now that I think about it, Oikawa was really bold to hug me out of the blue like that and all those times we fell on top of each other....

My face gets even more red by the second just imagining all those moments with Oikawa.

....

So embarrassing!

I don't know how I'm going to causally face Oikawa like how I used to. I know he sees me as his precious childhood friend, but I wonder if it would always be like that if he knows my feelings.

I sigh.

I don't even know.

I didn't really get a chance to speak with him today either. He came late to class today and all the girls were flocking him when it was break time and after school.

I sigh again.

I wonder how it would be if I were to tell him my feelings, would he accept them or reject them like how he rejected all the other girls' feelings? Would it also break our friendship if I were to tell him?

I massage the sides of my forehead. These kind of thoughts are giving me a headache now, maybe it's just best to sort out my feelings.

I slap my cheeks to clear these thoughts  out to the corner of my mind. Right now I'm heading to the gym for volleyball. If there's one thing I do miss, it's playing volleyball with the team.

I slide the gym doors open and to my surprise I find the team gathered around in a circle rather than playing volleyball. 

"What's going on?" I ask as I come over and see everyone close together.

"Ayaka wants to say something," Yui says folding her arms waiting for Ayaka to tell the team what she needs to say.

Ayaka clears her throat then bows her head down. "I'm sorry but I decided to leave the team to focus on my studies as a third year. I won't leave a blind eyes for this team. I promise that I'll still support you all from the sidelines even after I leave the team."

Everyone's eyes widen in shock, but I wasn't not surprised and neither was Yui. I'm sure Yui knew all along, but never said a word.