54. I Will Always Love You

If you love and get hurt, love more.
If you love more and get hurt more, love even more.
If you love even more and get hurt even more, love some more until it hurts no more.
---------------------------------------------

Oikawa POV

I wrap my arms around Misaki as she cries on my chest.

I never seen Misaki like this before. Misaki always puts up a calm demeanor and never lets her emotions take over but now...

I tightly hold onto Misaki. I want to protect her. I want to be by her side. I don't want to let myself push her away. No matter the pain, I will accept it.

Once Misaki stops crying, I unwrap my hands around Misaki and put my hands on her shoulders then look her in the eye. "Misa-chan please tell me everything that happened in the last two years," I ask of her.

"...But..." Misaki hesitates, but I pat her on the head.

"No matter what I'll accept the truth," I grin. "I'm not that weak where I would fall apart over the truth. More than anything being away from you is much more painful."

"Tooru..." Misaki's eyes widen and she wipes the tears off of her face. "The truth is..."

Misaki tells me everything starting from the beginning. She told me about the car accident that took place, how she lived with Risa and worked as a model to pay for herself, how she devoted herself to volleyball to keep our promise together and then her decision to move here and attend Aobajousai to play volleyball with Iwaizumi and I.

"Tooru... I was afraid to confront you with the truth because I didn't want you to get hurt and worried about me. Right now my right knee is currently in critical condition to the point that I might no longer play volleyball in the future," Misaki says with a sad gaze and my eyes widen.

"Misa-chan..." I mumble surprised by her words.

No longer play volleyball... I look at Misaki's gaze and I could immediately tell that she's not joking about this.

"Tooru... Your ex-girlfriend and Iwaizumi told me how heartbroken you were when I left." Misaki's lips start to quiver. "I didn't know that I hurt you in the past and after hearing them, I felt like hiding the truth from you would only hurt you more." Misaki explains.

"You were the one that gave me hope to move on and play volleyball again, but I didn't want to bring you down. If I told you the truth, I was afraid that you'll blame yourself for what happened to me. I was afraid that you would hate me..." Misaki says and my eyes widen.

"I decided to break up with you thinking that it would be for the best but I hurt you more." Tears start to fall on Misaki's face. "No matter what I do I always hurt---"

I tightly embrace her and pull her close. "You know what Misa-chan, I'm not that weak. I'm willing to go through all the possible pain and sadness if I can be with you. You shouldn't think about the consequences," I smile. "You always take everything on your own but I will be there for you. I will support you." I lift up her chin. "Misa-chan I love you and more than anything. I will take in all the pain you hold all by yourself because you're the most precious thing to me."

"Tooru..." Misaki mumbles my name with rosy cheeks.

I kiss her on the lips and Misaki kisses me back.