3. Let's Play

Misaki POV
(Next day After school)

I change into a pair of shorts with my knee supporter on my right knee and a simple white T-shirt. I walk into the gym and scan around for Oikawa and Iwaizumi ... there's way too many people here just for a practice day. I guess it's because  they combined it with the boys and girls... But not all of people here are even players!

There are a bunch of posters of Oikawa's name that the girls hold as they wait for his appearance. Most of them are just Oikawa's fans, but there's a crowd of boys here too... probably my fans. I sigh, they only find me attractive because of my modeling job. If it wasn't for that then these boys would have never come here.

I look at the courts as the girls all come together. If I feel any kind of pain... then I have to keep this emotionless face. If I let my emotions slip then I have to reveal the truth of my leg and I have to give an explanation of what happened in the past... I can't do that. I won't let myself do that. I take in a deep inhale and then exhale. Get my game face on.

"So kawaii Misa-chan! You look so cute with a simple T-shirt and shorts," Oikawa compliments me. I hear shouts from the crowd of girls murmur as they wonder why Oikawa is talking to a girl like me. Tch! Why talk to me now when there's a mob of girls wanting to marry you?! I take a good look at him, I don't see any thing that woos me to become a Oikawa maniac. Oikawa equals a volleyball and alien geek, but that's just the reason why I see him as a rival and friend. In a way, I'm jealous of him. He's the star in the sky that I can never reach no matter how hard I try. With my leg pulling me down, I can never play my hardest.

I see his team come into the gym, "Oikawa who's the captain for the boys volleyball team?" I ask. Besides Iwaizumi, I didn't really know anyone else in the team.

"Misa-chan! You didn't even blush at my compliment!" Oikawa cries in despair. I jerk back in his dramatic act. I already know he's just joking, we have been childhood friends ever since we were three, I'm not that stupid to fall for --

"Grrr...." The Oikawa fan-club fall for his act and viciously glare at me. What the --! I didn't even do anything! Right before I can argue back, Iwaizumi comes and hits Oikawa on the back of the head.

"Damn it! It's Misaki's first day and you're already brewing trouble for her," he angrily says and turns to the girls who run away in fear. I smile, I miss watching these two act like this. Every time I see it, it feels so uplifting to see their relationship be so close after all this time when I was gone. They are still best friends, that's one thing I'm glad has never changed.

Oikawa rubs the back of his head and points at Iwaizumi, "Iwa-chan! Stop with violence, it hurts." He starts pouting and Iwaizumi's rage starts to rise.

" I need to discipline you from doing any idiotic things!" Iwaizumi shouts getting more pissed off by the minute. He drags Oikawa by the collar. "Sorry Misaki, you can start with your practice," he apologizes and I shake my head.

"It's okay have a good practice," I wave to them and walk towards the girls volleyball team on the other side of this huge gymnasium. I hope they would be okay with someone like me as a team player. I know it's not fair for a 3rd year to just come and say they want to be the team setter, however I need to. I don't have much time to become the best setter in Japan together with Oikawa. I need to start now.

I watch the situation unfold as the big clump of girls on the other side of the gym begin to disperse. There were a few girls in the actual volleyball team, but there are a ton of girls who are trying out for the team. Crap! I didn't know all these girls like volleyball! I slowly walk over and flinch from a loud shout that come out from a brown pony tailed girl that I'm guessing is the captain.