S8. Wedding

Growing apart doesn't change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled and I'm glad for that

Oikawa POV
(In the groom's room)

I tie my tie and frown. I undo my tie and try to tie my tie again. I can't get this tie on correctly because my hands are shaking.

Today is our wedding day.

I have been in love with Misaki since we were kids and when I confessed my feelings to her in my third year of high school we started dating. Just a couple of months ago I proposed to her and now I'm getting ready to get married to Misaki so she could officially be my wife and I could officially be her husband.

I take in a deep breath to relax myself and look at the mirror. I'm no longer the little snotty crybaby kid I was in the past. I'm no longer the boy who feared to be heartbroken once again by the girl I loved.

I smile. I'm the man who has gone through everything. The pain and the suffering to be with the woman that I love so much.

Today our promise will be made into a reality.

Knock knock

The door knocks.

"You can open it," I give the person outside permission to come in.

The door opens and I see Iwaizumi.

"Iwa-chan," I grin. "Thanks for coming today," I tell him and he chuckles.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world. After all my two childhood friends are getting married today," Iwaizumi smiles and awkwardly scratches the back of his neck. "I know it isn't much but I already told Misaki and I want to tell you this too before everyone else does later on."

Iwaizumi puts his fist up towards me. "Congratulations to the two of you on your wedding day today. I will always support you two and I wish for your happiness for today and for forever."

A smile forms on my lips but it slightly quivers almost shredding a tear after seeing my best friend here for me on the most important day of my life. "Thanks Iwa-chan." I fist bump him back and the two of us grin.

I flashback to the time we were kids to now. We have both grown up so much over time it's unbelievable.

Even in the future, Iwaizumi will always be there for us. He's my best friend.

"Are you ready!?" Mihane pops up near the door.

Iwaizumi sighs and pushes Mihane out of the room. "Don't just barge in the groom's room!" He scolds her and then looks at me. "Sorry about her. Everyone's just looking forward to today, but I'm sure you and Misaki are the ones who are looking the most forward to today," Iwaizumi comments and I nod my head.

"Well of course," I grin.

The two of them leave and I get myself ready for a couple minutes more then head out to the wedding venue to wait for my bride.

My heart starts to pound fast realizing that soon I'll be married to Misaki.

I'm happy. Insanely happy. As happy as can be!