34. When I first met you...

Oikawa POV

I've known Misaki and Iwaizumi ever since we were kids. We are childhood friends after all. The three musketeers you could say.

Yet it didn't always start out that way.

I wasn't friends with Misaki from the start.

Iwaizumi was more of a rough and tough person so Misaki was able to get along with him because she had a similar mindset to him.

I, on the other hand, don't. I don't want to admit it but when I was younger I was a pretty sensitive kid so it was hard for me to play with them sometimes.

Before Misaki moved into our neighborhood, it was just Iwaizumi and I. Iwaizumi is my best friend even though he had anger issues as a kid and still has some anger issues now. He would always play with me and yell at the kids who were trying to bully me or tease me.

It was just the two of us, until Misaki came. When Misaki moved here, I tried being a friendly neighbor to her but she was so strange like an alien.

Misaki didn't talk much but when she did, she was real blunt in her words and actions. Whenever I cried in front of her, she would tell me to stop crying and stare at me with her emotionless eyes. She was definitely cute when she was younger, but that didn't matter. She scared me. I didn't want to befriend her.

Iwaizumi befriend her pretty fast though which was a surprise because he didn't like girls back then.

....

In the past, I remember how jealous I would feel whenever I saw Misaki playing with Iwaizumi because I thought Misaki was taking my best friend away from me.

I didn't like her back then, but the three of us were neighbors and it wasn't like I could avoid her. We saw each other everyday.

We had class together and sat right next to each other by chance. Even our older sisters were especially close friends so as a result Misaki would always tag along with me to play.

I didn't have much of a choice.

Yet my opinion of her changed ever since that day.

(12 years ago - at the sunflower field)

"What do you guys want to play?" Iwaizumi asks as the three of us head to the sunflower field together and Misaki's eyes start to sparkle.

"I want to play Power Rangers," Misaki answers pumping her fists excitedly.

Iwaizumi and I stare at her surprised by her answer.

Misaki is unique. She isn't like regular girls who play with dolls or dress up. Misaki enjoys running around and being active. She loves to play pretend as the main character in her favorite shows, Power rangers or the alien adventure series. 

"Power rangers?" Iwaizumi repeats and Misaki nods her head.

"I call the red ranger," Misaki claims.

"W-wait I want to be red ranger!" I raise my hand wanting to be the red ranger too and Misaki shakes her head.

"We can't have two red rangers," Misaki states. "Besides Oikawa you can't be the red ranger. Last time you were the red ranger you started crying when I was the bad guy and was pointing my laser guns at you," Misaki explains remembering the last time we played and Iwaizumi nods his head.