50. Too many detentions

Once we got back to school everything was normal, we did homework, talked, ate and slept, nothing changed. Well, unless you count the fact I was now Remus and Sirius' servant.
"Greypaws, can you do my homework," Sirius said, dropping his potions homework on the table.
"I'm busing right now," I replied, scribbling down notes on poisons.
"If you haven't forgot, you have to do what I say," Sirius said, smirking. I groaned and pulled his homework towards me, I saw Remus with a worried expression but he quickly resolved his features. I worked quickly to try and finish mine and Sirius's homework and I was the last person in the common room. I checked my watched, 12:30, great who not getting any sleep tonight? Me! Yay! I stared to write Sirius's conclusion, ten more minutes of frantic writing and crossing out, gave me one piece of finished potions homework.
"Now, time for my potions homework," I muttered, pulling my half finished essay towards me.
'The bezor can cure most poisons, however some need better methods,' my hand slipped and my head dropped on my parchment and I fell asleep.

"Lyra! Wake up!" My head snapped up and I looked round, Lily was standing next to the table, her arms crossed.
"What time is it?" I mumbled, sleepily.
"Five past nine, you've got ten minutes until potions," she said. I hurriedly gathered up my almost finished homework and Sirius's complete homework and stuffed them in my bag before me and Lily ran down to the dungeons.
"Just in time," James said, when I skidded to a haunt in front of the boys.
"One potions homework," I said, pushing the parchment into Sirius's chest.
"Thanks you," he said, scanning the paper.
"Let's go," James said, as the classroom door opened and Slughorn stood, beaming at us.
We filed in and took our seats, I sat next to Remus, he pulled out his homework.
"Didn't you do your homework?" Remus muttered.
"I didn't have time, I was doing Padfoot's," I replied, taking my equipment.
"Take mine," Remus said, pushing his in front of me.
"No, I can't, you keep it," I said, pushing it back.
"You'll get detention," he said, pushing it to me.
"It's your work not mine," I said, shoving it into his chest.
"I'm coming round to collect your homework, please have it in the desk in front of you," Slughorn said.
"Don't you dare," I hissed at Remus, he put the paper down in between us, I glanced at him then pushed it toward him.
"Thank you mr Lupin, now, miss Black I see you have made yours invisible or haven't you done it?"
"I, haven't done it, sir," I muttered.
"See me after class," he said, I nodded and he carried on down the row.
"See, I didn't get detention," I said.
"You will though," Remus sighed, the whole class was on taking notes, while Slughorn spoke for 2 hours.
"I'll meet you guys in defence against the dark arts," I said, and waved lily, James, Sirius, peter and Remus away.
"Miss Black, this is the first time in about 5 years you haven't handed me your homework," Slughorn said.
"I was just really busy last night, sir," I replied.
"Hmm, well it'll have to be detention, just bring in your homework next time," he said, tapping his wand on some papers.
"Yes, sir," I said, turning round and leaving the room.

"Lyra, its McGonagal, pull the rope!" I pulled the rope and sprinted off in the opposite direction. Me and James were pulling a prank and McGonagal was the target. Smash! I looked round the corner and saw McGonagal covered in green slime. James held out his hand and I high fives it, we ran down the corridor laughing, suddenly we came to a halt in front of Filch.
"No running in the corridors," he snapped," detention, why are your hands green?"
"We, had an accident in potions," James said.
"Potter! Black!" I cringed at the voice and we slowly turned round. McGonagal was storming towards us, still green.
"Hello, Professor, did you have an accident in potions too?" James said, grinning, I elbowed him in the ribs, this was not a good time to be smart.
"Detention, for a week, both of you, and 50 points from gryffindor," she said, "now go back to Gryffindor tower." We made our way to Gryffindor tower laughing about McGonagal and we're greeted with a round of cheering and clapping, but we still had another week of detentions.

Two months later I was still living with about six detentions a week.
"Night, guys," I said.
"Night," Sirius and James said as they left the common room, I still had two pieces of homework to do and it was already nine. I scribbled down dates for history of magic, I was extremely tired and I had bags under my eyes, I had barely slept in the two months since Christmas.
"Hey, Greypaws, you ok?" A voice said, I looked up and saw Peter, walking through the portrait hole.
"Yeah, just doing some homework," I replied.
"No offence but you look terrible," he said, sitting down.
"Thanks, I just haven't got enough sleep lately and going out all night on the full moons isn't doing me any favours," I said, rubbing my temples.
"I'm sure Remus wouldn't mind if you skipped one just to catch up on sleep," Peter says, offering me a sausage roll.
"I can't do that, I couldn't live with myself if something happened and I wasn't there to help, just because I was tired," I replied, taking the sausage roll.
"Lyra, you have barely any time to do homework, quidditch practice or have any spare time, not to mention your sleep, you need a break."
"Ugh, Peter, in fine! I just have too much homework, it's because of our NEWTs, I do not need a break, I just need to focus on everything!"
"Well, if you need a break I'm sure the others wouldn't mind helping out," he said, "I'll see you tomorrow, night."
"Night," I replied, finishing my sausage roll. I was alone in the common room for a few more minutes when the portrait hole opened again and Remus walked in, looking tired.
"Late night?" I asked, making him jump, his face lit up when he saw me then fell slightly.
"Yeah, went to get some pain killers from madam Pomfrey, why are you up?" He said, rubbing his eyes.
"Homework," I replied simply, he said down next to me and wrapped his arm round my shoulders.
"Remus, I need to finish this," I whined.
"I know, but you're tired, just want a hug," he said, I smiled and relaxed in his arm. I pressed my face into his shoulder and inhaled his scent, I felt myself slipping into a warm comfortable sleep.

Sorry this is a really bad chapter, but I felt like it was getting too long. Also sorry that I haven't uploaded I had a major writers block, Im starting to write the next chapter right after I publish this. Again so sorry for it being like 5000 months late😖