42. Winter

On the next full moon I had gone down to the shrieking shack with Remus and the others. I didn't transform so I turned into Greypaws like usual. Dumbledore thought it was most unusual but said I was lucky and I appeared to be immune to werewolf bites, I knew I wasn't I had just been an animgaus when I was bitten. Sirius and Remus were talking to each other like normal and everything was going well into November.

"What are you gonna do for Christmas?" I asked James in transfiguration.
"I'm going home," he replied, as his mouse ran off the table, I caught it and set it back on the table.
"Another year at Hogwarts, I suppose for me," I said, making my mouse into a a music box.
"I thought you and Sirius were coming back to mine for Christmas?" James said, his mouse now inflating.
"You didn't say we could," i said.
"Well, my mum invited all of my friends home for Christmas, do you think you'll come?"
"Yeah, definitely." We started to have a competition, who could make the best music box from our mice. Remus won, his emitted lovely music and steamers came out of it.
"Show off," I muttered as my music box spun out of control, Mcgonagal sniffed as it fell off the table and smashed.

Christmas was drawing closer, me, Sirius, Peter, Remus and of course James were going to the Potter's for Christmas. I was excited, I'd never gone home for Christmas before, I wanted to see what if was like in a proper home.
"Can't wait for Christmas," Sirius said as we walked round the lake.
"Yeah, I kinda wish I could be with my parents but they're going to Scotland to visit family," Remus said.
"Do you think I should invite Lily?" Jane said abruptly.
"Deer, me Prongs," Sirius said, grinning.
"Padfoot you're barking mad," Remus said.
"I think we're aware of that, Moony," I said.
"Greypaws, you're gonna have us howling with laughter," Peter said.
"Wormtail, that was cheesy," James said. We all butts out laughing, we always tried to make puns but we'd never done it all yet. I looked up and saw Lily heading towards us.
"I think we've found the root of our problems," Sirius said, and we started to laugh all over again. Lily folded her arms and stared at us, I could see she was hiding a smile.
"Technology lilies are water followers so they don't have roots," Lily said, Sirius shrugged his shoulders. "What are you doing this Christmas?" She asked.
"We're all going to James's house," I said.
"Oh ok," she said turning round.
"Lily!" James said, standing up, "do, do you want to come to my house?" Lily turned round, her eyebrows raised at him.
"Ok," she said.
"What?" James said.
"I said ok," she replied, smiling and walking back to the castle.
"Lily Evans is coming to my house for Christmas," James said slowly.
"Yes," I said as though he was a three year old.
"Lily Evans is coming to my house for Christmas!" He repeated, jumping up. "I need to send and owl." He ran off to the owlery.
"What a jolly holiday this is going to be," Remus said.
"Yeah, I bet they're going to kiss," I said.
"Nah, Lily wouldn't do that," Sirius said.
"Ok, ten galleons that she does?" I said to Sirius.
"Hmm, can we make it a bit more fun?" He said.
"Ok, what have you got in mind?" I said.
"Ten galleons and they have to be their servant for a month," he replied.
"Ok, you're on," I said taking him hand. "Moony? Wormtail any bets?"
"They'll be going out by then end of the holidays," Remus said.
"Ok, same rules, Wormtail?" Sirius said, taking his hand.
"Umm, no," Peter said.
"Ok, just is three, whoever wins gets the losers as servants and if two people win the looser is split between them," I said, "and we're not aloud to tell Prongs or Lily." They nodded and we carried on walking round the lake.

On the last day of term we all went into the grounds for a snowball fight.
"Ok, Greypaws and Padfoot, you're team captains," James said.
"Ok, pick your numbers," I said, turning round and walking away a bit with Sirius.
"My team's gonna win," he said.
"Yeah, right," I replied.
"Ready!" James shouted and me and Sirius walked back.
"Ladies first," Sirius said.
"Ok, four," I said, James stepped forward, I nodded at Sirius.
"Two," he said and Remus stepped forward.
"One," I said Peter stepped to the side and Lily walked over to me.
"Ok, Wormtail, thirty seconds running then we start, first team to capture the other's captain and take them to the entrance hall," Sirius said, we nodded and started to run in different directions.
"Ok, guys, hide together then we all ambush one person at a time," I said, as we hid behind Hagrid's hut.
"Ok," James panted. I poked my head round and saw Peter looking round nervously.
"Ready?" I whispered, they nodded, "go!" We jumped out and started to pelt him with snowballs.
"Now!" He said, covering his face, we were suddenly ambushed by Remus and Sirius from either side. I saw James ducking snowballs and Lily got a snowball to the face and stumbled back. I felt a pair of hands pick me up round the stomach, I kicked and wriggled. I got free and started to run towards the castle, I heard footsteps behind me and I saw a snowball fly past my head. I was almost at the castle where they couldn't throw snowballs when I ran into someone, I looked up and saw Dumbledore.
"Sorry, professor," I saw quickly.
"No matter," he said smiling, he suddenly looked over my head with an amused expression. I felt two hands grab me again, I twisted and wriggled.
"Padfoot! She's wriggling," Remus said.
"Tickle her!" I heard someone shout back. He started to tickle me, I twisted and screamed with laughter.
"Stop!" I said, laughing.
"Nope," he replied, I was on the floor now and both Sirius and Remus were tickling me. I got a handful of snow and threw it in Sirius's face, he staggered back. I did the same to Remus but he merely shook it out of his face, then about ten snowballs hit him at once and he was knocked off his feet. I turned round to to see Dumbledore smiling innocently with his wand out and snowballs forming in the air. I stood up, and grinned at him. I saw Remus start to stand up and I started to tickle him, he twisted and tried to hit me away.
"Hey, stop!" He said laughing and twisting.
"Nope," I imitated him laughing. A lot of snow suddenly hit me, I was knocked back and covered by snow. I saw Sirius with his wand out, smirking.
"No magic!" I said struggling to move under the snow.
"You used magic," he replied.
"I didn't, the headmaster did," I corrected, I looked round for him but he'd gone. But it was getting dark, wait how could it be getting dark? It was just past lunch? I looked up and saw a whole sheet of snow hovering over us, as soon as I opened my mouth to shout it fell on us. I got out of it first, and went to find the others, they were buried very well. We all decided to go back up to Gryffindor tower to warm up, and when we got there, we found six cups of hot chocolate were waiting with each of our names written on them. We sat in the common room talking, drinking, laughing and, when James and Sirius came back, ate. I was curled up next to Remus, as me, Lily and Remus talked about muggles.
"So, what do rubber ducks do then?" I said again.
"They're highly explosive, when they touch water they explode in thirty seconds," Remus said smiling.
"Wow! There so cool," I said, I really wanted a rubber duck just so I could be like look at this.
"Right, tell me something else," I said, I loved hearing about muggles, they had some weird stuff, like stitches and x-rays.
"Have you ever heard of a scooter?" Lily said, laughing.
"Not even I have," Remus said.
"What's a scooter?" I said, interestedly. She started to explain about scooters and by the end I wanted a scooter and a rubber duck, I ended up falling asleep in the common room next to Remus.